Usergroups
Gothic 2 addon DNDR in english...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I think there's a lot more involved, so it not so easy to say who is to blame. Allright Atari should have released it long ago, but they also have limited resources and want to make the biggest profit as possible (we would want the same).
Jowood should have made better agreements in case Atari wouldn't want to release the game after all, so that they could get the rights back as soon as they wanted.
PB should be more willing towards his fans. I send a mail once and I asked why so many gamers weren't getting any respons from PB (and I asked a lot more ). KaiRo answered that he replied almost every mail but just didn't have the time to reply them all, but I have send already two mails after the first one, one asking about NotR and the second about how I liked G3 and was wondering when the G3 website is coming online (in the first mail he couldn't give any spoilers, because he neede to save everything for the big launch of the G3 website). He just doesn't reply! I'm sure he has a good reason, but he first tells me he answers almost every mail and now he isn't sending anything back.
And finally we gamers should have bought a lot more copies of G2 in the US and the UK so the publishers would all be eager to release the addon.
Post Tue May 18, 2004 4:36 pm
Black Domina[X]
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hello to all i have just found this site i was lookin for some help to make a translation but seem`s i think a littel slower than u guys as you sound as if you have already done it i would not mind a copy of that, also i don`t think it will harm sales as the speaking NPC`s are worth rebuying the game

ps. how did u manage to make more space to fit the english in as i found bits missing of the end of mine
Post Wed May 19, 2004 10:32 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

quote:
Originally posted by a24710
i partially agree with you

but the main "bad guy" here is atari

atari is the one who had the rights of night of the raven, and atari was the one who did not answer any of the fanīs questions and was the one who should have done it

jowood has already showed that is not happy at all with atariīs behaviour and has already started to search another international publishers, so i donīt think jowood should pay for it

the other thing i donīt understand is why other games like spellforce (also from jowood) have a so fast international distribution. Who distributed spellforce??? donīt remember now, jowood should work with this publisher more in the future

with your translation mod some people will buy the german addon and of course they wonīt buy the english addon later, so this harms the english release, but at least more copies of night of the raven will be sold so this isnīt too bad after all

atari is going to release in 28th may 2004 gothic 2 in spain with spanish subtitles
donīt know when was gothic2 released in uk, but iīm sure it was a long time ago

I HATE ATARI!!!!

at least i can play the game in spanish (iīm from spain) but theyīve taken soooooo long to release it, i hate them!!!

pd:sorry for my english

I had a completely differentfeeling from Atari for Gothic 2. As soon as I knew Atari was the one that was gonna publish the game(actually a bit later, like 2~3weeks), I mailed Atari Benelux. I received a mail the day after saying that the release date was 13/06/03. Just as easy as that. (In my enthousiasm I even put the name of the person who gave met the info, but I think Gorath blanked some info)

I've send this person 2 mails for the addon and she didn't know anything about it, so that's why I believe now that Jowood actually had the English addon a bit earlier then just from april.
NFG member
Post Thu May 20, 2004 12:55 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Black Domina[X]
hello to all i have just found this site i was lookin for some help to make a translation but seem`s i think a littel slower than u guys as you sound as if you have already done it i would not mind a copy of that, also i don`t think it will harm sales as the speaking NPC`s are worth rebuying the game

ps. how did u manage to make more space to fit the english in as i found bits missing of the end of mine

simply: we aren't working for translation by hexediting gothic 2 addons' files... we are working with scripts from its mdk
Post Thu May 20, 2004 2:10 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well gentlemen... it's done!

Just got the translation for the last untranslated lines, and gathered all the pieces toghether in dump files, ready for injecting them back into game's scripts.

Atm, I am polishing it a little bit more, and also make a nice package for it (installer, etc).

It will be anytime from now on, and for sure you'll have it this weekend!
Post Thu May 20, 2004 5:20 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

Well gentlemen... it's done!

Just got the translation for the last untranslated lines, and gathered all the pieces toghether in dump files, ready for injecting them back into game's scripts.

Atm, I am polishing it a little bit more, and also make a nice package for it (installer, etc).

It will be anytime from now on, and for sure you'll have it this weekend!

This is great news! No doubt I will be one of the first to download and give feedback. Big thanks to all of you for your efforts. Can't wait!!!
Post Thu May 20, 2004 5:54 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

sounds very nice
Post Thu May 20, 2004 12:48 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

Like I said before: I will wait till 13/06/2004. If by that time there's no (official) news from the English addon, I'll buy the German gold edition. I'm greatfull there will be a fanmade English subtitle patch for me waiting then. Thank you cothyso and the others who helped the man.
NFG member
Post Thu May 20, 2004 1:22 pm
lcuzma
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Great Job

Hi
Is first time when I posted but I was watch this from very long time. I want to say I wait from to much time after addon and now ther is a chance to play it with your translation. I want to thanks for this oportunity.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 3:15 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Whoa it's done thanks a lot I gotta give you a HUGE thumbs up man that's some nice work Any chance you could translate Diccuric if you have the time?
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Thu May 20, 2004 4:45 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Very good work, although I hope I will not be "forced" to use it, I'd rather have the original version.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 7:24 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Where will I be able to download it
Post Thu May 20, 2004 7:39 pm
Black Domina[X]
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by cothyso
simply: we aren't working for translation by hexediting gothic 2 addons' files... we are working with scripts from its mdk

lol i new there must have been a better way, anyway good to hear you finished it i can`t wait to play it
Post Thu May 20, 2004 7:46 pm
royc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks

thanks to all the ppl who workt on it

will we be able to download the installer from this forum page??

p.s - whats the size of it
Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:11 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

they will be your best 3 MB downloaded ever... i hope

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=362149#362149
Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:15 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next