Usergroups
How to get rid of Mud?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

He's annoying me I don't want to kill him but by jove I will if doesn't shut up soon!
I've tried sleeping in my hut - he was gone for a while only to reappear a few minutes later at the castle gate...

Any tips on how to shut Mud up for good? Or possibly on how to get rid of him?
Thanks

Snoekie
Post Sun Sep 02, 2001 12:11 pm
Garrett

Hehe, you couldn't tell how much turmoil dear Mud has caused in Germany! There are Fan Clubs, there are Kill-Mud or Mud-Must-Die organsations, but the only way to get rid of him is either to kill him or to have him killed by monsters - or, if you're lucky, he will just run away (and get killed then), when you hang around on the camp only or with superheavy monsters...

Nice to see you are having the same probs like us

[ This Message was edited by: Garrett on 2001-09-02 07:35 ]
Post Sun Sep 02, 2001 12:33 pm
Lanael
City Guard
City Guard

Don't know how, but I almost killed (knock out ?) him and now he won't speak to me anymore !
Post Sun Sep 02, 2001 3:04 pm
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Ok, then I guess I will just have to beat him up a bit
I'll give him a gently wack with a club I think, just scare him away without actually killing him, hehe.
Poor mud, nobody likes him much in English either it seems.

Snoekie.
Post Sun Sep 02, 2001 10:37 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Pragmatically you should reload and avoid Mud. But mysterious accidents can be very funny...

Gorath
Post Mon Sep 03, 2001 7:01 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I was able to avoid him for quite some time, but you miss a lot of fun and cheap experience point when you don't take him with you. Ifhe kills something, these are your EP, so he is very helpful at the beginning.

Post Mon Sep 03, 2001 7:50 am
Alferd
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey, at least Mud is your only true friend there. You shouldn't kill your friends

Post Mon Sep 03, 2001 9:31 am
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Don't worry, I didn't kill him. Just gave him a good whack with a club *grin*
He ran like hell after just one whack, it was hilarious

Snoekie
Post Mon Sep 03, 2001 10:37 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Yea, one whack will make the fool run away from ya..but he'll be back later!!

I had to smack him, wait for him to come back, hit him again, wait again, etc. etc.

Finally I knocked him out, and stole all of his stuff..doesn't give any exp points, but is funny as hell!~!

btw, didn't know mud ever attacked anything..everytime I got into battle, he ran away!!
Post Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:46 pm
Aelhyn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I thought Mud was rather cool. Which isn't saying I didn't kill him, hehe. It was hilarious when you knock him out and he calls you a lunatic.

And, simply put, the voice acting in this game is pretty amazing!
Post Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:52 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Just thought I'd share..I killed Mud..

after I knocked him out, and he was leaving me alone, I went back with my Bow, and shot him..it killed him! So, Mud, along with numerous diggers and even a few Shadows, are dead..

Knock them out with the sword, and when they get up, kill them with a bow..you get an exp bonus! Just make sure that none of the other shadows/guards see you kill them! Evidently it's okay to knock them out and steal all their stuff, but not okay to kill..
Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 2:43 am

When I played, Mud followed me outside, then I got into a fight with the molerats (I think they're called)...

Anyway, Mud said it was too dangerous for him and he left. I only had him in my party for a few minutes.
Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 3:21 am

Alferd
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can also kill people with your sword. First knock them out and when they lay in front off you, you can give them a 'final hit' by pressing [action key]+[arrow up].

Nice animation ... and new experience (for kids: never try this at home!)
Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 9:05 am
Paulo Darkio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can also kill npc`s with your sword,after the fall to the ground,keep them targeted and do action+up,then he will preform a final cut,that will finish them for good.
Try it out it is a great move.

Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 9:11 am
Hawkwind
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It may be possible that Mud will figure into the full game a lot more, and that tolerating him might be worthwhile at some point or quest in the game? Dunno. Could be.

Like a lot of people in this thread, I got irritated by his constant nattering, but since this IS an RPG, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. But, I thought I would see what happened when I gave him a crack with my axe, and he took off with great speed - I couldn't keep up!! But he was back again later. I finally tried killing him (finishing him off after he was unconscious) but I felt SO bad about it (man, this has GOT to be the telling of how GOOD an RPG is) that I restored to just before I nailed him. But somebody wrote that if you just knock him unconscious, he'll leave you alone when he recovers. Maybe I'll try that.

I was actually surprised that the rest of the camp didn't turn hostile. In most CRPGs if you attack one person in a town, most or all will become hostile.

I think this indicates how good this whole game is going to be - if you can build such interest around a tiny, yet immersive inter-character situation!

==Hawkwind==
Post Sat Oct 13, 2001 8:42 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next