GII English version official release date: Q 2/2003
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
dutch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: yeah, i went to software etc. and they told me April 18

yeah, i went to the computer store software etc. and they told me april 18 of 2003. In my opinion it would be out for shure by april
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:42 am
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Lately I haven't been so sure about when it would come out. I hope it does soon cause I'm really bored and need a good game (though I'm beginning to like Morrowind.)
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:09 pm
Arexen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I almost beat Morrowind, but I lost my game when my computer died
It was old and had been updated many times....I suppose it was inevitable...
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:28 pm
TrUmaNshO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

EBgames just changed their release date. The old one was march 14th and the new one is NOW APRIL 14TH

1 more damn month to play this game.

I hope that Jowood know what they are doing to us. Why are they waiting to release the game? I'm sure the game is ready to ship.
Post Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:08 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, I tend to play games during long dark evenings(e.g. winter or early in spring).. If JW will postpone more to the summer, then it would mean no Gothic 2 for me. Well, I might pick it up in autum later this year, if I still have interest, but my time will be devided between DX2, Thief 3 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

May be I belong to a minority of gamers that do not like to play games around summer, but I senserely hope that JW know what they are doing..
Post Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:30 pm
kyrill
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanx Gorath for yr answer

Your answer does reflect the real world and yr choices.
i would have choosen differently.
Gothic 1 was for the English spoken game world a big surprise. Almost every self respected reviewer of the big game websites gave it favourable reviews comparable to the big names.
So Gothic 2 is anticipated. The game is a potential world class winner, a classic and NOT destined to be a small niche filler except for the German market. JoWood is NOT a compliant publisher for world winners. It cannot think big and probably has not the resources to think big.
Even you seem to think too small of the game and does not really see its class by doubting its world potential
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:33 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I donīt doubt Gothic II could easily sell 500k units if the publisher was EA. But I see JoWooDsī capabilities in a realistic light. They didnīt release a single game since November 29th, not in Germany and not in the foreign markets. They sold 12 games to another publisher and fired almost 50% of their employees...
I donīt think JoWooD is strong enough to secure enough shelf space to make the game a real success. Every 2nd league publisher from North America (Strategy First, to name only one) would have better chances.
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:21 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
They didnīt release a single game since November 29th, not in Germany and not in the foreign markets.

Nov 29... sounds familiar... isn't it the release date for G2 German?
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:31 am
TrUmaNshO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

yep
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:45 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The Release List has Gothic 2 add-on listed. What is an add-on? Is it just what they're calling the American version?
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:25 am
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

I just hope it doesn't become another Legend of the Blade Masters.
Blade Masters was suppose to come out Christmas 2000. It was for PC and Dreamcast. From what I understand that it went gold, got copied and put in boxes, But for some reason the publisher decided to hold off on it. From what I understand they decided to bring out some other game which didn't come out till months later in 2001. I can't remember the name of the game, but what I do remember that it only had GLIDE for 3D acceleration, this was almost mid 2001, 3DFX was long gone. The publisher must have sat on that game forever. That game also didn't sell. Matter of fact it had bad previews before it came out. But Blademasters got very good previews. Alot of sites said that it will be a sleeper hit. It was a roleplaying game that was going to do thing differently. Well anyways it is now 2003, it has been sitting in a warehouse for more then 2 years.
I hope Jowood doesn't do the same thing.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:37 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by SirDiety
The Release List has Gothic 2 add-on listed. What is an add-on? Is it just what they're calling the American version?

An add-on is something like a mission pack (think of old Quake) or a spin-off (like Opposing Force and Blue shift were for Half-Life), meaning you need the full version of the game to play it. No, it's not the U.S. version of the game.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:15 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

It's simply an expansion to Gothic 2.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:04 pm
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

they always make us wait so long for the game you really want , only good game jowood will publish is the gothic series no one cares about the other crap they release. I dont really browse here so i dont really know whats going on , i mean the game should be done so if the game is done and its gold then what? maybe they cant even release it because of there money problems its always something. When gothic 2 german was done they got it out , so why is the english one a problem , you would think they made some $ from the german release i dont really care what the reason is , just get the game out , and no matter what if they do make a gothic 3 for god sakes change publishers , and no not ea but ea is lame (all there games have no blood or censored)

Getting tierd of waiting my self we all have been waiting for it , i just gotta let my anger out although i know its not doing anything

Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:54 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I think most EA games are sports genres. One of the goriest games I've ever played was actually by EA. Here is a link if your curious:

http://www.alice.ea.com/main.html

It's like a horror game. Not bad at all. I got to the very last bad guy of the game and gave up. I'm sure I could kill him if I had enough motivation to do so. The end guy is just too frustrating.

So Gothic 2 will have an expansion? I'm still waiting for the regular game! Who in the US cares about an expansion already? I guess it's just a strategic move. I hope it works...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:13 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next