FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is Agility used with ranged Magic?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Is Agility used with ranged Magic?

When throwing magic-based elemental spells such as Fireball, is the character's Agility attribute used to determine if spell hits the target, or is the Fireball skill used throughout the entire process, including the chance to hit it's target?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 1:20 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I do not think that agility somehow affects fireball.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:59 am

I'm not sure about that, Danicek. If an elemental based spell is thrown at a target, the damage taken by the target is treated as damage from that element, and not from Magicka, and the only resistance that would work would be resistance from that element, not from Magicka. So if Magicka is not involved in the entire process here, perhaps the Agility skill is used to hurl the element as well, just as it is used for throwing anything else in the game.

But I could see where perhaps the appropriate Magicka Skill is used to "deliver" the package to it's target instead.

Anyone deeply familiar with Morrowind game mechanics able to answer this one?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 3:42 pm