Fallout 2

Anyway to quicksave?

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:15 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yup. I believe it to be f7 or f8.

I think it's like f5 = save, f6 = load, f7 = quicksave, f8 = quickload. But don't quote me on that. Press f1 for list of commands.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:40 pm
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon

I think it's like f5 = save, f6 = load, f7 = quicksave, f8 = quickload. But don't quote me on that. Press f1 for list of commands.

Thanks MoonDragon! I didn't want to fiddle with the function keys before, I thought I'd might blow the game up or something. Anyways, it seems they don't sell the manual with the game anymore....any other pointers you could give me?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:36 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by The Hurricane
quote:

Thanks MoonDragon! I didn't want to fiddle with the function keys before, I thought I'd might blow the game up or something. Anyways, it seems they don't sell the manual with the game anymore....any other pointers you could give me?

Hmm, you should be able to find the manual on the cd...
Post Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:09 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm pretty sure f1 will bring up help window that explains all the controls.

You do know how to right click and all that, right? Short of that... no pointers. Just have fun. There is no right or wrong way of doing anything in fallout. Hmm... except answer the bridge keeper's question.

But if you know Monty Python, you'll be fine... (BTW, if your character in a game ever says something like "I have this feeling now would be a good time to save the game"... I'd save if I were you )
Post Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:30 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Actually, another thread just made me think of one pointer for you.

If you have a job, call in sick or take vacation time. Lock yourself in a room for one week. Tell everybody you're out of town. Bring food for a week inside. Delete all other games off of your computer and toss disks out of room.

Then and only then are you ready for Fallout2.
Post Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:34 am
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Actually, another thread just made me think of one pointer for you.

If you have a job, call in sick or take vacation time. Lock yourself in a room for one week. Tell everybody you're out of town. Bring food for a week inside. Delete all other games off of your computer and toss disks out of room.

Then and only then are you ready for Fallout2.

Thanks for all the help MoonDragon. I know what you mean, this game is fantastic. I just joined the slaver's guild [a little morbid] and was able to scrape enough money to buy my first set of armor..quite pleased...I was actually surprised that I being a slaver affected my relationship with other NPCs. And the character creation and development is great too. It's sad I'm getting more enjoyment out of a dated, 1998 game that cost me $9 [got both Fallout 1/2 ] than Morrowind [still a very good game] which cost me $50. I hope there is a Fallout 3 in the retro-nuclear future.

Rawis,

You are probably right, I never even thought of a manual on the CD.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Post Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:17 am
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

quote:

I hope there is a Fallout 3 in the retro-nuclear future.

You have no idea what a hot question that is Hurricane. People who played Fallout 2 when it was first released have been asking for a sequel for years - we thought we might be getting some lovin soon but it turned out that the secret project was Lionheart (which still looks good but no FO3). The official word is that the team are not opposed to doing another sequel but at the moment it is not being worked on

But for those of you that need a fix here is a Fallout 2 scene depicted in smilies

~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:19 am
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Kendrik
quote:

I hope there is a Fallout 3 in the retro-nuclear future.

You have no idea what a hot question that is Hurricane. People who played Fallout 2 when it was first released have been asking for a sequel for years - we thought we might be getting some lovin soon but it turned out that the secret project was Lionheart (which still looks good but no FO3). The official word is that the team are not opposed to doing another sequel but at the moment it is not being worked on

But for those of you that need a fix here is a Fallout 2 scene depicted in smilies

No FO3 in the works? Oh well, secret project Lionheart sounds very interesting and could be a very solid game. Black Isles hasn't let me down on an RPG yet...so I hope this is no exception. I do hope the use the SPECIAL system with all the perks and stuff for Lionheart. Hmm, maybe I should read into the game a bit more...

Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:31 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I read on the official boards: there are three codenamed projects that BI is currently handling. One is in production, one is in pre-production and one is not in production. IWD2 is in post-production. I guess Lionheart would be in production and I don't know whether F3 was the pre-production or not in production one. Some hints were made that it was latter.

BTW, the stuff about production and all came from the big honcho himself.
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:37 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Moondragon, I think you're right. Reading between Feargus' lines (maybe just my wishful thinking) Lionheart is in production so I think FO3 is in pre-production.
Post Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:55 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
I just joined the slaver's guild [a little morbid] and was able to scrape enough money to buy my first set of armor..quite pleased...I was actually surprised that I being a slaver affected my relationship with other NPCs.

I joined the slavers guild once too, but i regret that i did, i had to start over, everyone hated me, and i could not capture any slaves to, i had to kill them, and i didn't get much money either! There is a away you can get lotsa cool weapons in the beginning, but you have to make your way to San Fransisco.
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:36 am
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
Moondragon, I think you're right. Reading between Feargus' lines (maybe just my wishful thinking) Lionheart is in production so I think FO3 is in pre-production.
Lionheart is in production by an external company. There are two inside BIS projects at the moment, one has been running for several months now and is leaded by Josh Sawyer, who also was the lead on Icewind Dale II. The second one has started recently and is leaded by Dave Maldanado, designer for IWDII and lead on TORN.

It has been repetetively stated that neither of these two projects are Fallout 3.

Rumour has it that another project is being outsourced by BIS. But these are only rumours the other two projects are confirmed, although not announced. Announcement of the first should be expected in a 'few' months time.... whatever that means.

BTW. Feargus has also said once that he would like to do a Planescape:Torment 2 as the game sold a lot better than people think.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:14 pm
mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

TORN? I remember when it was canceled, I was devastated. I was hoping that they would continue it or atleast sell it to someone, but it's been almost a year now so I fear all hope is lost.

Planescape:Torment 2 would heal my wounds, though

- Member of The Nonflamers' Guild -
- Member of The Alliance of Middle-Earth -
- Worshiper of Written Word -
- Proud supporter of E.H.U.A.O -
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:19 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

From my interview with Dave Maldonado I've learned that what they wanted for TORN could not be realised. They would have needed a lot of money and a lot more teammembers to do it.

It is unlikely that they will ever start it again. Then again they could use a new world and a new setting they can put their games in, the D&D license they have is limited.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:34 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next