Wizards & Warriors, Dungeon Lords
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Wizards & Warriors, Dungeon Lords

Well...after about 7 months of playing I completed Wizardry 8. Loved it even more than 1-7.

I hear that a dev from 5-6 developed a game called Wizards and Warriors. Have you played this? What do you think?

Also, this same dev(Bradley? from Heuristic Park) is developing a new game out in a few months called Dungeon Lords for PC/Xbox. This game will supposedly have deep character stats like Wizardry. Hybrid classes that we love...yet it will be a fast/simple dungeon hack like Diablo/Dungeon Siege. I am quite interested in this game also.

Please let me know your experience/thoughts on these games. And any moderators here play the Dungeon Lords game?
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:23 pm
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: Wizards & Warriors, Dungeon Lords

IRT Dungeon Lords...

From the website, it doesn't sound like this game is at all like the Wiz series.

Single player (as opposed to party play), real time combat (as opposed to turn based) -- sounds more along the lines of a Gothic or Morrowind type game.
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:18 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by gdgrimm
IRT Dungeon Lords...

From the website, it doesn't sound like this game is at all like the Wiz series.

Single player (as opposed to party play), real time combat (as opposed to turn based) -- sounds more along the lines of a Gothic or Morrowind type game.

If you read the official site it sounds like you can have 8 people playing at once. Your characters use the same basic classes as Wizardry and you can even do multi-classing like Wizardry. The game is an action/rpg like Diablo or Dungeon Siege. I think 8-player co-op in a 40 hour quest would rock.

trailers are at...

www.gametrailers.com
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:41 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

W&W wasn't a bad game, but it had tons of bugs some of which were game killers. The publisher, Activision, abandoned it the day they released it. DW Bradley did an unofficial patch that helped some, but many many problems remained. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Had Activision stood behind the game for a while, it could have been very good, IMO.

Dungeon Lords sounds an awful lot like an arcade fighting game to me.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:57 pm
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by kengo2019
quote:
Originally posted by gdgrimm
IRT Dungeon Lords...

If you read the official site it sounds like you can have 8 people playing at once. Your characters use the same basic classes as Wizardry and you can even do multi-classing like Wizardry. The game is an action/rpg like Diablo or Dungeon Siege. I think 8-player co-op in a 40 hour quest would rock.

trailers are at...

www.gametrailers.com

Perhaps I would have been more precise to say 'single character' rather than 'single player'. I did read the website, and I saw no mention of the type of party play you get in the Wiz series (i.e. one player controls multiple characters). It did sound like you will be able to do a multi-player game (i.e. each player controlling their own single character), but I consider that a multi-player game, not a multi-character party game.
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:58 pm
Zebulon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
>snipped some<.

Dungeon Lords sounds an awful lot like an arcade fighting game to me.

I cant believe that D.W. is willing to create a _*simple*_ game.....

And i hope it will be finished soon....

Zeb
Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:14 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Wizards and Warriors was nice game with so much bugs that I wans't able to play it.

Dungeon Lords seems to be very different kind of game than Wizardry series. I hope it'll be good game, but it won't be any kind of Wizardy sequel.
Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:57 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

i liked wizards and warriors a lot.
its a lot shorter than wizardry 8. what i like a little more about it was the dungeon exploring and the truly 3d feel of it.

I liked wizardry 8 more but i think youll like wizards and warriors. Overall much easier game too even set at hard.

dungeon lords seems to have lots of character classes and skills like wizardry. It seems cool but its not a party game.
Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:36 am