Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Wargs, Seekers, Dragonsnappers and Dragons got the biggest buffs, and they're all a real pain now. They went from being fairly easy encounters to being truly powerful.

Dragons just need a lot more strategy. Summoning works very good to keep him busy.
Dragonsnappers can be taken one by one, but wargs will always attack in packs that makes them very hard.
Seekers... Rain of Fire is very strong.

Wargs are still tough but i don't see a big difference....they have always been a pain.

Sem, the best thing i have seen against seekrs is lightning. there are 2 different lightnings....one is about double what the other is and smokes a seeker quickly. BTW, i don't mean ball lightning either. There are two scrolls for example that are named the same:lightning, one is ok and the other kicks arse. 150 magic damage and you can rapid fire that badboy without charging anything. 3 hits smokes an orc elite or shaman, 2 kicks seeker butt....not bad for a circle 3ish rune. of course Rain of fire is killer, but it will not take out an orc elite.....almost, but not quite....and you are now manaless i have said it before.......Wave of Death......OMFG!

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:07 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

With "Rain of Fire is strong" I meant the Seeker casting Rain of Fire on me. They've toasted me once when I was a dragonhunter.
Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:10 pm
Muze
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
If you needed to break through the siege you missed a rather obvious trick.

Just saw your reply. I ran up the wood ramp in the back. Did I miss something more obvious?
Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:30 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Spoiler:
Transformation scrolls.

Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:39 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Yes when they cast rain of fire, it's dangerous, better retreat the time the rain stop.

Later in the game wargs seems more like wolves but even if dragon snapper then became quite easy up to get 3 at same time, they keep something dangerous if you don't take care.

The tougher things appart dragons, are demons. Fire lizard get quite easy once you learn manage them. Them and lizards are the smartest animals but soon lizard are too easy. There is missing a stronger lizard, later in the game. Fire lizard doesn't fill the job.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:52 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Spoiler:
Transformation scrolls.

Never succed used this one, even run without speed potion is easier for me. My problem, is I cannot avoid be beat hard by the paladins. And try get back without they see you is useless, once they have seen you like that, they beat you later.

Once I saw a strange thing, I removed a ring of water I had and this stop this nuisance. But I haven't reproduce this.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Muze
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Never succed used this one, even run without speed potion is easier for me. My problem, is I cannot avoid be beat hard by the paladins. And try get back without they see you is useless, once they have seen you like that, they beat you later.

Beat by the paladins? I'm confused.

Edit: I was confused. And now I'm not anymore.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:56 pm
Captain Kal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I 've finished Gothic 1 a couple of months ago, as a fighter (Master at one hand weapons,master at bows , and then master at two-handed weapons and crosbows).

Since I have previous experience with gothic, what would you suggest? Playing G2 with the addon or just the main game?

I really liked the ranged combat in G1. Can you finish the game speciallising at ranged combat? (You could not do that in G1).
Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:32 am
Captain Kal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I 've finished Gothic 1 a couple of months ago, as a fighter (Master at one hand weapons,master at bows , and then master at two-handed weapons and crosbows).

Since I have previous experience with gothic, what would you suggest? Playing G2 with the addon or just the main game?

I really liked the ranged combat in G1. Can you finish the game speciallising at ranged combat? (You could not do that in G1).
Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:40 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You could go directly to NotR, but be ready for a big challenge. When you play G2 first, you'll be familiar with the dangerous areas when you start NotR, this can be extremely helpful because NotR is a lot tougher than G2.

You can't finish the game with bow only. In NotR yuo can do more with bows, because there are also some magic bows (although the amount of arrows for those bows is limited). In G2 you'll get a serious problem with skeleton and other undead and trolls. In NotR you can take some out with the magic bows, but I suggest you train some fighting or magic too.
Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:02 am
fragonard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yes, in NOTR, you can have a good bow only character (at least after ch1). By ch4 you can get to 160 dex and carry a 160 dmg bow which will allow you to kill skeletons and orcs with 2 arrows.
Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:08 pm
Captain Kal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks guys. When I get around the beast call Morrowind GOTY I will start G2. I will go for Bows and one hand weapons at first.
Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:59 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2