Dagoth Ur
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Dagoth Ur

I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death, but I was unable to find any help after doing a search.

I've done everything I need to do to confront Dagoth Ur except destroy his heart. That I can't find.

I killed Dagoth Ur, but since there was no journal entry, I'm assuming I've only put him aside for awhile until I can find the heart.

I'm in the room where Dagoth Ur confronts you for the first time. There is a round rock there that I assume is a door that you need to 'crank' open, but I can't find the crank in that room.

Any help that can be offered will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:19 am
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I'm just coming from there!. I don't know if this will solve your problem. I opened that rock-looking door without problems. But I first turned a crank that is in the floor ABOVE the one where the heart is. If I remember correctly, is in the room previous to the one you first encounter DU, or maybe it's in that very room. My memory is a little fuzzy as I was in the excitement of finishing the game, and don't remember every detail clearly.
HTH.
Ð.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:52 am
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Hmmm... no, sorry. I went back to the game and I was confused. The crank IS in the part I mentioned above, but that is AFTER you open the door. I replayed that part of the game and, the door is closed with a sphere, when you first see DU. After a short fight, he dissapears (he's not dead yet, though), and the door automatically opens. It opens to a large cavern with a crank in the right which I'm not sure what it does, and DU is standing on the verge of a cliff, down below which is the heart.
HTH
Ð
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 3:01 am
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks Drakton. I'll go kill him again and see if the door opens on its own THIS time.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:39 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

I think in the game you do not have to directly kill Dagoth Ur. When you get to the inner part just destroy the heart with the tools and that will do the job. Even if you do manage to kill him (cheat or legit) he will still talk to you as you destroy the heart.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:16 am
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks TribalMan, but this is the 'before the heart' battle.

I have found the problem. One of the plug-ins: Kobu's Damage Report prevents the door from opening. I took it out, killed Dagoth Ur and the door opened with no problems.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:22 am