View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Kris
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Getting boulder and boulder

Hi all,

Great game. I've had it a couple of days now and would like to ask a dumb newbie question please.

Is there ever anything hidden under all these darned boulders?

Initially I thought it was some warrior thing, that my relatively weak mage couldn't lift (they all seem to have a weight rating). But since discovering that we can just slide them to one side I have the nasty vision of moving hundreds of boulders just in case there's some stupid ring or other under one of them....

It's bad enough to be hooked on "lawnmowing" again (plodding slowly backwards and forwards across the map, removing all the black...) without risking degenerating into some sort of "leave no rock unmoved" obsessive as well...

Are they just scenery, or maybe something I can use constructively later in the game?

Please help me stop "boulderly going where no man has gone before...."

EDIT:
PS Second dumb newbie question.

I seem to have collected squillions of gold's worth of ironmongery and general junk in the catacombs below the starting village. But nobody there seems to have much cash. Should I abandon the hoard - or is it a case of "patience Grasshopper... there are some decent shops in the next town...."
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:28 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I never bothered moving all the boulders. Too much work.

There are some great shops at the market northeast of Stormfist Castle. Just dump the extra equipment on the ground or in a chest near a teleporter. It will stay there.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:03 pm
Kris
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks Val,

Also, congratulations and thanks for your excellent review, and for a beautifully presented walkthrough. I'm impressed.

I haven't needed to consult the walkthrough yet, but it's nice to have it on hand in case I do get stuck.

But I have read the section about skills where you give your suggestions for which ones are worth considering, and that was a great thing to include. There's nothing worse than agonising over how mean a game is about how you spend your points, and whether a poor choice early is going to cripple you later in the game.

Fortunately, from what you say (and from what I've played so far) the game seems quite forgiving and flexible and I'm really enjoying the chance to have a character who is mainly a mage but who can also pick an easy lock, make a basic potion, and even crack a head or two in a pinch when the mana runs out.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:15 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Thank you and you're certainly welcome.
Although you should give some props to Myrthos for the beautiful presentation of the walkthrough. He's the one who put my huge text file into a pdf document.
I certainly hope you continue to enjoy the game.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:15 am