Usergroups
Morrowind Press Copy - Some anwers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I read somewhere [I cannot find the link] that one of the Devs made (in-game, not in the Editor) a spell which caused 30 second Lev. on himself, and 15 second Lev. on the target, which once shot at followed him upwards, for a brief time until he fell back down . What I want to know is if they will fly for no reason, or if they must be provoked to fly.

Also, I'll ask both of you, , wouldn't every character want Athletics? Where else can you level up by running around.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:07 am
Applebrown

I knew after I posted it that I should have edited it. Yeah, it should be possible to make a levitation spell that can be cast on a target as well. Conceivably, it's possible that they'd follow you through the air by just casting the spell on them if they consider any spell cast on them a harmful spell but I haven't tested Levitation... only used it in the normal sense .

Another cool way to provoke is by using unsuccessful Persuasion.

As for Athletics, I probably wouldn't choose it for a custom character because it goes up on its own, and all you basically do in the game is run around. Your speed attribute affects your actual running speed more than Athletics.

As far as Acrobatics, I'll have a tip for getting that ability up faster than usual (without cheating) when the game ships . It's a great skill, but I would also not choose it for a major or minor skill unless I was planning on being an Acrobat; it goes up naturally when you jump... even when your fatigue is at zero. (bonus.. hopefully they won't consider this a bug)

-=Applebrown
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:37 am

Seraphim
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A couple questions I've been really wanting to know.

1. How is archery? Is it easy to use as your main weapon?

2. Can you tell a difference between wearing light, medium, or heavy armor? Does heavier armor slow the character down?

thanks for the replys
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:57 am
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Nice preview,but I saw one fault...the water effect is a DirectX8 feature hence should a Radeon 8500 portray it just as well as the GF3/4.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:24 am
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
Ok, tried it now: 2x antialiasing is the best compromise on my system. 4x is slow, quintcux or how it is called is just washed out.

Cool. Thanks for trying that out. Now I know that I can set my AA to 2x on my similar system
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:18 am
Gwendo
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Here one more question, that concerns me, as a mod maker:

Does Morrowind have in game cut scenes (cinematic scenes)?
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:56 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I don't think so Gwendo..I read somewhere that all such scenes will just be scripted events..

I don't believe MW is much in the way of 'in game movies' and such..
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:41 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Theif

I personally am not realy interested in playing a theif, but I thought this would be a good question to answer for people who are.

I know that its difficult to be a theif because you get thrown in jail a lot and get a bad rep, so what I want to know is when you start to pickpocket someone (just open their inventory) without actually taking anything does that increase your skill? and does it call the guards or affect your rep?

If it increases your skill without doing either of the latter then I guess this is one of the best ways to train a theif before going pro.

Last edited by Chekote on Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:19 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

To answer your thievery question: No pickpocketing at all.

Cutscenes: no. I haven't seen one.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:59 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Rend you are wrong about pickpocketing... I've specifically talk to the Devs about pickpocketing... Its in the game... When you pickpocket it opens up limited container on the person that what shows up in it depends on your skill. However your pickpocket skill may be so bad that the container wont even open...
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:16 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I must say that it looks like pickpoketing are going to be great. I wan´t to ask:
Can you beat down citizens? Or for an exemple: In the NC in Gothic you can beat down rouges and no one cares. Can you do that in Morrowind?
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:26 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I stand corrected. Just made a theif an you are right.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:35 pm
Olaf

When are the second and third parts of your preview supposed to be up? Perhaps you are overworked and need some help? If so, send me the disk and some notes and I will pick up where you left off

olaf
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:05 pm

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Second part is finished, will go up tomorrow. Third part is nearly finished, will go up thursday or friday.

And hey, it's officially golden now
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:21 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, amazing isn't it...u folks in America will have it around beginning of may and we like 15th of may {i hope} can't wait anymore...when i have the game i will go on a towns exploration journey...just to see everything...

anyway, just tried the Demo of Zanzarah...you people should do that too.if you arlready haven't done so...it's graphically very very good...and its fun....nice towns etc...only the damn annoying fairy battling really does suck...something i really wonder is why the hell everything can run so fluidly , i mean look at the shadows..realtime realistic shadows from the woman character, while in games like Jedi Knight2 or like we all saw in the preview of MW the game really does slow down....suprising enough not the case with Zanzarah..
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 8:00 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next