Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
More questions about NOTR(stat potions and Stone Tablets)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

More questions about NOTR(stat potions and Stone Tablets)

Are the Elixer of Strength or Dexterity potions even worth learning in NOTR? They only give +3 now and cost 20LP's to learn?!? That doesn't make sense to me. With the limited amout of Kings Sorrels in NOTR how could they make those potions cost so much? It already cost more LP's to train Str and Dex in the addon. It seems to me that the developers over compensated when trying to tweak the balance.

Also, am I going to have to spend LP's to learn to read the Stone Tablets, Or are those free?
And approximately how much am I going to learn from them? I'm near the end of Chapter one right now(getting ready to join the monastery) and I'm trying to figure out how much Lp's to spend right now. I'll be playing as a pure Mage concentrating on Dex and Mana, but I do want to get my 1H to at least 30.(Only 10 right now.) I know about the 2 free points from Wulfgar and the 5 points I'll get from that book that Lutero has. With those in mind, how many LP's should I spend on 1h training? (keeping in mind all the Stone Tablets I haven't read yet)
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:24 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Forget the learn potions.......it is not worth it at all.

I might be wrong, but I think you would be in bad shape if you don't learn to read the old language. It's not much LP cost anyway. But with your stats, you can wait a long time before you do it.

If you can wait, build your stats.......then read the tablets to max out. The game is alot tougher that way tho. My first time thru the addon, I bailed and used the tablets. Life was simply too tough. The second time thru I waited before using the tablets, but by then I really did'nt NEED the bonuses. It is your call on that.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:01 am
liviui
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

when a +5 strength costs 20LP or 25LP you'll see how handy those potions can become.
i found/bought 11 dragonroots => +33 strength ( used them when i had over 120str).
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:43 am
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

learning old language costs first 5 then 10 and last one 15 points ..it's not much and there are lots of tablets to read. without them game would be even harder cos every learning costs so much.

and if I'm right you cannot even complete addonworld if you have no skill to read this language
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:02 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Its definitely worth it to learn the builder's language -- all of it.
The LP price you have to pay is small compared to the number of skill/stat boosts you can receive.

There are tablets to be found everywhere -- not just in Jharkendar. Also using tablets to raise stats can save you precious LP in those later stages when the LP investment to raise skills gets ridculously high.
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:44 pm