Where is the Orc outside Khorin? To gain strength, I have to
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Where is the Orc outside Khorin? To gain strength, I have to

kill this bloody orc, but I can't seem to find it! Please don't tell me that being the apprentice of the blacksmith is not possible in the demo..

It's the only way of using skillpoints to gain strength, and I don't want to play a huge demo, unless I can actually develop my character more than gaining +9 str at a shrine.
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:54 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm.. I found the Orc Scout..

Right behind the blood flies in the swamp, and by luring him to the guards, I got his weapon when they killed him.

BUT, it didn't help me the least.. "you need approval of 4 other masters".. oh shoot.. dang.. oh well, guess I have to go do some quests for'em.

Jaz, Gorath, Sauron.. just delete this entire post unless people need it(can't imagine why anybody should need it).
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:39 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

You don't have to kill the orc. You can also find an orc axe in a cave near the city.

Kay
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:25 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

If you go hunting with Bosper, he will kill the Shadowbeast and also the Orc Scout in the woods near the main city gate -- all in the "standard" demo. That was how I got the weapon.
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:14 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

There´s an Orc weapon in a cave to the left of the market gate. And another Orc in a cave. Exit at the market gate, walk straight ahead until you hit the mountain, then turn right...
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:20 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Got the orc a long time ago by luring him near the guards.. now I've nearly cleared the entire map(except the forest with all the wargs and skeletons.. bloody hard in there), so with over 50 strength(52 due to two str-gifts from Innos, and the fact that Harad only trains you to 50), and now I need to train my dexterity, or the "skill" as it is called.

I can train my "hitting percentage" with the hunter in the outskirts of the forest, and with the hunter who takes you hunting in the real demo, but I can't train my dexterity? Let me guess, you have to be the apprentice of the bow-owners' shop, right? Is there no other way(can't use the better bows without 20 dex minimum)?
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:54 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Training DEX

I haven't found any way to train it in the Demo except by using a G1 cheat mentioned in one of the other posts.

Get some Goblinberries (which increase your DEX), and let something attack you. Preferrably something weak (I used the two Cave Rat's found in the bog near the Fog Tower). You need to eat the berries at exactly the same instant your getting hit. If you time it just right, you'll get the increase and the berries will respawn in your inventory! I suggest you save just before you're attacked and every time you get the increase. Reload when you miss and use up the berries. It's slow and frustrating, but it works. This also works to increase your strength using the Dragonroot you'll find next to the Fog Tower.

I used this trick with Molerats in G1 and it worked like a charm (they telegraph their strikes much better than Cave Rats), but I'd already killed them all in the Demo before I read a post that reminded me of the trick and thought to give it a try. Anyway, Good Luck!
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:34 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

In that case there are a lot of people bluffing in here saying "I have 80 dex in the demo", and so on.. (either that or they've spent several days cheating their way up).

Thank you for veryfying the fact that there is no way in the demo to train dexterity, and thank you for the tip(don't think I'll bother doing it though - at least not right now)! =)
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:17 am
RastaBlasta420
Village Leader
Village Leader

My dexterity is 105 in the demo. (used a altered save game) The save came with heavy paladins armor, dragonbow (95 damage or so) and a 1 handed hammer thats called "crows beak."
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:05 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I hex-edited it myself after my first run through the demo(see the "summary" thread).. too bad Cor Angars' armor is without colors in the demo..
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:08 am