A bizarre bug involving Ignaz
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Deckchair
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A bizarre bug involving Ignaz

I was doing his Oblivion scroll quest, which doesn't seem to consistently work with everyone, so I was trying various options and reloading. At one time I pulled a silver chalice off his shelf, and he attacked me so I ran away. While doing so, I wondered if I could make him forget in the middle of a chase, so I turned around and shot the spell at him. It didn't work, so I jumped in the harbour.

After that, I returned to his house to see what he would say about what I had done. When I got there, I found him dead on the floor. After picking myslack jaw up from the floor, I reloaded yet again.

Maybe it had something to do with a greater scheme about the silver chalice, but if it's a bug then it's a mighty strange one.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:02 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Any named character in the game, if he accidently got himself killed while chasing you, his corpse will respawn back at the origin.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:54 pm
oNe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The two mercs near a farm on east side of the town...I can never remember the farmers names...when I killed them they were just lying around there for the rest of the game. Am I supposed to do something else with them or what? Maybe they are good for something?
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:00 pm
Deckchair
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ah, so it all makes sense after all. He most have jumped and drowned in the water while overcome by his bloodthirsty zeal.

oNe- Maybe working on the fields toughened those farmer' flesh and made them a poor meal for the field raiders.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:15 pm
oNe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Okey Deckchair, I have absolutly no idea what you are talking about. I was reffering to the two mercs that i killed. What are they good for?
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:21 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You actually killed them yourself? I used Mika to help. Engardo and Alvarez, right? You just kill them to help Akil. They stay there the rest of the game.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:42 pm
Deckchair
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was just making an inane joke about why the corpses may have been left intact in the world.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:03 am
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

this is how i killed the warehouse guard at low level.... shoot him with magic or summin to get him pissed and he chases me... i jump down onto a boat, then onto another boat, he follows, but does not make the jump.... i just stand on the boat and wait for him to spas out trying to swim after me, eventually he gets stuck under the ramp (idiot) i let him drown, go to bed, wake up go back to the warehouse and he is there, i take his key.. yay! also can kill atilla like this, except you just have to run away and leave him there, eventually he dies of old age or something lol but that one worked evry time
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:35 pm