Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Possbile game bug doesnt allow me to complete main quest...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Diabolus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Possbile game bug doesnt allow me to complete main quest...

At the Zainab Camp, you're given a quest in order to be named Neverine by that tribe. The quest is to find a high-born noble wife for the tribes Askhan. The wise women of the tribe tells you to go to Tel Aruhn's slave market and speak to the slavemistress who will sell you a dark elf slave and explain how to dress her up as a noble.

When I first came across this a few weeks ago, I thought no sweat. Its all laid out for me...a little to simply actually. BUT, when I talk to the slave mistress there is no dialogue option for me to buy the dark elf slave! Nothing whatsoever. Ive tried raising my personality to the point where the slavemistress has a 100 liking to me and still nothing. Ive gone back to the Zainab camp and gone over back over every dialogue option with the ashkhan and the wise women hoping to "jump start" the quest to no avail. So I still cannot buy the slave Im supposed to to be named Nevarine. This is really quite distressing considerinfg how much time Ive put in the game.

Anyone know of a console command to unlock all dialogue options or maybe a quest fix mod? Or maybe I need to do something else in the game world before Im able to buy the slave, but I have racked my brains and have no clue what it could be. Any ideas would be helpful.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:21 am
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

you have to ask for 'something special'

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:27 pm
Diabolus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I understand thats the dialogue option that I SHOULD be able

click, but its unavailable to me. Its not in the list to click and neither is it highlighted blue within the text body like other possible dialogue cues. Hence my frustration.

It's really quite depressing spending 150+ hours on a game and not being able t finish it do to a bug.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:01 pm
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

did you ask the wise woman about the ashkans tastes? maybe that's the problem..
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:20 pm
Diabolus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

----------------

Ive clicked on every dialogue option for both the wise women and the askhan already. No dice.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:36 pm
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

hmm.. Have you checked a walkthrough to see that you've done everything correctly? UESP has a good one..

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:11 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Have you downloaded the offical patch?
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:26 am
Diabolus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I originally did exactly what that tutorial explains and Ive tried it again a number of times. THe option to choose "something special" from the slave trader is still not available. All patches are installed and Ive tried running the save file with all plug-ins off which still didnt fix it. I think I need some kind of console command to unlock all dialogue options or something.

BTW, after trying various thing again today, I slaughtered the entire town of Tel ARuhn and Sadrith Mora...thats actually like the 5th time Ive dont that in my frustration! SAVE THEM FROM MY VENGEANCE! HELP ME FIX MY PROBLEM!
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:16 am
Diabolus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ah, quite helpful from that UESP site was the description of how to learn all the console commands with the Construction Set Help. Hasnt solved the problem, but if I find what Im looking for it may indirectly.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:31 am
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

play the game all over again i did it 4 times, pretty boring u'd say but if ur a true morrowind fan ur able to do this good luck
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:15 am