Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
A few questions about learning skills and apprenticing.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

A few questions about learning skills and apprenticing.

I've only played the demo so far and I was wondering about a few things. I know the fur trader in Khorinis teaches you how to skin wolves.
How do you learn how to skin reptiles, take claws and teeth, and take wings and stingers off of Bloodflies like in Gothic 1?

Also, once I apprentice myself to one of the tradesmen in Khorinis does that mean I can never apprentice myself to a different one?
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:09 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

In the demo, there is no way to be trained to skin anything other than wolves.
You can't even skin rats.

Once you apprentice yourself with one master, you can't start with another.
You can still trade with the other masters though.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:15 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

But if you learn to skin wolves you will be able to skin shadowbeasts to ( just try to kill one first )
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:46 pm
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

So if I choose the path of magic then I could never learn to take animal parts?
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:37 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

In the demo you can learn skinning without committing to be that guy's apprentice. He'll teach you the skill on spec. I'm assuming it works like Gothic I, where you could do all the quests for each camp up to actually being granted admission to the camp without affecting your choices.

Don't know about the full version though -- perhaps somebody else can enlighten us? There may be more ways to learn these skills... in G1 you learned the bloodfly sting skill from a book.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:49 am
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Good, because I plan on playing as a magic user my first time through the game but i really enjoy hunting in the early stages of the quest.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:32 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Speaking of choosing skills, I think the Alchemist skill is the only useful one for the full version.

Going with the Blacksmith will give you an opportunity to learn more Strength without paying gold, but making swords is useless.
The hunter will only give you unlimited gold, which isn't necessary since gold is rarely a problem.
But the Alchimest will teach you to make great potions that'll heal you a hell of a lot faster than a bunch of 10hp herbs.

Anyone think otherwise?
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:56 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I read one book somewhere in town that spoke of Hunting and Prey.

It did talk about removing bloodfly wings and other things for the skilled hunter. I assume in the full version these skill can be learned.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:10 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You can learn all the hunting skills in the full version, and those seecondary skills have nothing to do with your choice to become a mage or figter or both .

Oh, and gold seems to be a problem for me. I always make lots of gold - and then I'm forced to spend it all... buy expensive info here, an ore blade there, free a crook from prison at yet another place... looks like we Paladins were always in need of gold .
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:31 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

You can be a citizen and still choose which guild you're in. Only after you go to the militia you can't be a mage. Becmomming a hunter is a good choice because you can than Kaysell the skins for a better price from all the animals you are going to kill anyway to earn experience. This is a good way to make money early in the game. The alchemy skill can still be learned somewhere else.

Kay
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:33 pm