Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Errors with Morrowind Construction Set, HELP!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
GeminiDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Errors with Morrowind Construction Set, HELP!!

I bought TES III:Morrowind last weekend and have only played it twice, so far I'm having a great time. Although I'm in a bit of a jam with the Construction Set, here's what's happening:

Tried to open morrowind.esm from TES Contruction Set, Warning box pops up "Animation Group Note Problem" Continue running executable? YES/NO
Clicked YES, and the same error message pops up 6 times afterwards.
Then I get these Warning boxes:
Need to add generic sound for the defaultLeftFoot
Need to add generic sound for the defaultRightFoot
Need to add a foot sound called 'FootBareLeft'
Need to add a foot sound called 'FootBareRight'
Need to add a foot sound called 'FootLightLeft'
Need to add a foot sound called 'FootLightRight'
Need to add a foot sound called 'FootMedLeft'
Need to add a foot sound called 'FootMedRight'
Need to add a foot sound called 'FootHeavyLeft'
Need to add a foot sound called 'FootHeavyRight'
Need to add a foot sound called 'FootWaterLeft'
Need to add a foot sound called FootWaterRight'

After the warning boxes stop popping up it says Loading Files....Done! on the status bar, but it doesn't look like it loaded anything, most of the tabs are empty.

Conatiner Tab has LootBag, Door Tab has PrisonMarker, Misc Item Tab has Gold & SoulGems, Static Tab has 5 kinds of Marker entries & these three defaultArea, defaultCast, & defaultHit, the Weapons Tab has defaultBolt, and the rest of the Tabs are blank, empty, nothing, nada.

My main concern is Why I got the above error messages and How to fix them, and Where to find Item ID's, Creature ID's, and Spell ID's?? I've search the Construction set but can't seem to locate anything.

In my game I gave myself a small amount of gold via the console just to see if it worked, I also tried a couple other commands, some worked and some didn't. I'd like to try others so if anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, is there an online manual or something for the Construction Set? Or tutorials??

Thanks for any assistance,

GeminiDragon
Computer-
P4 2.4 GHz 512 MB memory
GeForce4 420 64MB Video
Creative SoundBlaster 5.1
DVD
CD-RW
Direct X 9
All Drivers Current
Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:36 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

How did you open it? By clicking or from the open command in the construction set? If 1, than try 2. Did you load any plugins with it? If yes, try to remove them. Do you hear walking sounds in game? If no, check your \Data files\sound folder if they exist.
Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:37 pm
GeminiDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re

quote:
Originally posted by ~NOBODY~
How did you open it? By clicking or from the open command in the construction set? If 1, than try 2. Did you load any plugins with it? If yes, try to remove them. Do you hear walking sounds in game? If no, check your \Data files\sound folder if they exist.

I clicked on the open folder icon, No I didn't load any plugins (I don't even have any) and Yes, the game runs fine with all of the sounds so far that I've noticed. After I got those errors i even loaded a savegame and took my characters shoes off, put them back on, went splashing around in a pond, jumped up and down. All sounds are fine, I just can't figure out why the Construction Set threw out all those errors and didn't load anything.
Appreciate the help, let me know if you've got ideas.

GeminiDragon
Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:49 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Sorry, don't have any Useful ideas. Try to download the latest patch. Also you can find tutorials at Morrwind summit (http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/modcontrols/mods_full.asp)
Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:05 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm. I would guess that your morrowind.esm file is corrupt. If the games works okay, maybe the two apps read the data in slightly different ways? Definitely sounds like a data problem though - I doubt reinstalling just the construction kit would help.

I expect backing up your save games and reinstalling Morrowind itself would fix things, but that may be a little too disruptive for you. Maybe you can install it on a different machine, backup the old esm file and copy the new one in it's place?

Just to clarify things: Double click the Construction Set icon. Click File -> Data Files. Double click Morrowind.esm to put a check mark next to it. Press OK. Wait a few moments while it loads.

I take it this will generate the errors you mention above?
Post Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:03 am
GeminiDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Error was on my part, not the data file

O how I do feel like a complete dumba$$

I figured it out all by accident, double click the esm file and it loads properly. I want to thank all who did reply with helpful info and apologize for being such a noob.

GeminiDragon
Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:24 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Re: Error was on my part, not the data file

quote:
Originally posted by GeminiDragon
O how I do feel like a complete dumba$$

I figured it out all by accident, double click the esm file and it loads properly. I want to thank all who did reply with helpful info and apologize for being such a noob.

GeminiDragon

Strange. In my version, it's completely different. When you click on the file, it doesn't open, but if you try to open it in the editor, it works fine...
Post Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:04 pm
GeminiDragon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

corrrection--> esm file

Now I don't mean double clicking in windows explorer, I'll try to explain what I did and not lose you.

Shortcut on desktop to TESCS, double clicked and program opens--> STOP --< this is where I messed up in the first attempt, I did not realize that I had to "check" the esm file in the dialog box, after clicking the open folder icon. I was just clicking OK, in turn that's why I got all of the errors in my first post.

After trying again and again to figure out why it wasn't working, I ended up in the program clicking File>data files then I "double clicked" the Morrowind data file and clicked OK and everything loaded fine.

Is that helpful or did I confuse more?

Anyhow long and short it was my fault not the computer or program.

GeminiDragon
Post Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:55 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

No, I understood you. I'm glad that it works for you now.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:50 pm