*Groan* Horrible puns!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

*Groan* Horrible puns!

Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.
A backward poet writes inverse.
A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two tired.
A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered.
He had a photographic memory that was never developed.
Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.
Once you've seen one shopping center, you've seen a mall.
Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:41 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oysters don't give to charity, because they're shellfish.

Rehabilitation in Prague's prison system: proof that you can right a bad Czech.

The man arrested for illegal mining near the town of San Andreas was released. Everyone agreed it wasn't his fault.

Camping: The most in tents way to experience nature.

Did you know vultures are allowed to take dead animals on board an aeroplane? It's classed as carrion.

A midget fortune-teller has escaped from police custody and is now on the run. Yes, the small medium is at large.

A neutron goes into a bar and asks the bartender, "How much for a beer?" The bartender replies, "For you, no charge."
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:15 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Vincent van Gough walks into a bar, and the bartender asks him if he's like a drink.
"No thanks," says Vincent, "I've got one 'ere."

Two boll weevils grew up in South Carolina. One went to Hollywood and became a famous actor. The other stayed behind in the cotton fields and never amounted to much. The second one, naturally, became known as the lesser of two weevils.

A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He sidles up to the bar and announces: "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."

Two atoms are walking down the street and they run into each other. One says to the other, "Are you all right?" "No, I lost an electron!" "Are you sure?" "Yeah, I'm positive!"

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused his dentist's Novocaine during root canal work? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?," they asked, as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."
Post Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:03 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Make the bad people stop, Mommy.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:44 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

This has been going around for awhile, but I figured it really fit here. Not to mention, dte asked for it to stop ....

1. Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at them and says: "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only one carrion allowed per passenger.

2. Two boll weevils grew up in South Carolina. One went to Hollywood and became a famous actor. The other stayed behind in the cotton fields and never amounted to much. The second one, naturally, became known as the lesser of two weevils.

3. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but when they lit a fire in the craft, it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.

4. A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and announces: "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."

5. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocaine during the root canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

6. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of his office and asked them to disperse. But why? they asked, as they moved off. Because, he said, I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.

7. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named Ahmal. The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him Juan. Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal".

8. These friars were behind in their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to persuade them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.

9. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him . what? (Oh, man this is so bad, it's good). A super callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

10. And finally, there was the person who sent ten different puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did.
Post Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:26 pm
burritonator
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Why did the man steal a wig? Because he didn't want toupee.
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:19 pm