Radeon 9700 pro causes my system to crash every 15 minutes
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
drunk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Radeon 9700 pro causes my system to crash every 15 minutes

My system crashes every 15 minutes when playing Gothic!!! What must I do ?
I have the following cfg:
Athlon Thunderbird 1,3 GHz, Soltek SL-75jv Motherboard, 384 SDRAM pc133, Club 3d Radeon 9700 pro, terratec sixpack 5.1+. I have the following drivers installed: Catalyst 3.6 VIA Hyperion 4.47,DirectX 9.0 and my OS is Win XP professional without service pack.
Sometimes the blue screen Windows error appears with no specifications (no text), other times the monitor suddenly goes to stand by and a repeated sound can be heard, or the system crashes (image freezes, but the sound doesn't - it remains stuck on a certain themes).
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:59 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

384 SDRAM pc133 <--- i fear that this is ur problem its not enough if u want to run the game correctly get at least 512 mb rams my friend btw kas also Radeon 9700 and it runs correctly so it must be rams or offcorse it can be some proggy conflict
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:12 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Can be everything. Install the service pack and watch your CPU temperature.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:54 pm
drunk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you for your help.
Unfortunately, my problems did'n stopped even I've experimented many tips (regarding radeon and gothic) wich I've found on this forum and Joowood's - for ex. disabling the sound, editing the .ini file, check for conflicts. My CPU temperature reaches about 59 ºC in full load with the case open (cooler Titan D5TB, core voltage= 1.67). Anyway, Gothic isn't the only game that freezes or in wich my monitor goes into stand by and I must reset my system: In Diablo 2 and NFS 5 I encounter the same problem (with my old WinFast GeForce 2 Ultra I did't have those type of problems). Soon, I will buy a new MB, P4 and 1GB RAM DDR and I hope that my problems will end. I would like to know please what do you think about that.
Thank you!
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:19 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

59°C on such an old board with the case open is too much. As it´s unlikely your mainboard uses the CPU internal sensor to read out the temperature the real CPU temperature is probably about 25° higher due to the measurement imprecision of the external sensor.
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:31 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm what video card u have again it cant be ur graphic card also cos i had that prob like 5 month back also freezed in games cos the card was overheaded
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:44 pm
thebiz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i have a soltek, and it blows. don't get a soltek.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:54 am