Dungeon Lords: Patch v1.4 Update
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Dungeon Lords: Patch v1.4 Update

Dreamcatcher's Byron Gaum has again popped up at the Dungeon Lords forum to <a href="http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25665" target="_blank">assure</a> players that the v1.4 patch will be available to everyone - but details on the Collectors Edition remain generic:<blockquote><em>Hello, <br> <br>I'd like to address some recent concerns on the boards with regards to the announcement of the Dungeon Lords Collector's Edition. Update 1.4 will be made available to all those who purchased the original version of Dungeon Lords. This will be made available very soon. Our Production and Testing departments have been very backed up this holiday season, but they assure me that it is almost ready. <br> <br>The Collector's Edition will have all updates incorporated into it (including Update 1.4). Additional new content will also be included with The Collector's Edition including: new spells, monsters, quests, etc. <br> <br>Thank you.</em></blockquote>Seems you'll need to buy the Collectors Edition to get whatever extra content is on offer.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:37 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

geez Im dying to own a collectors version of dungeon lords

maybe i can pass it on to my kids.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:39 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Re: Dungeon Lords: Patch v1.4 Update

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
Seems you'll need to buy the Collectors Edition to get whatever extra content is on offer.
I have been talking to him (bgaum) about this and apparently there is no firm decision yet.

Here's hoping that when they finally decide to 'do the right thing' like Ascaron did with 'Sacred Plus' and release it to owners for free ...

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:55 pm

Well, It will be interesting if the community can release the translated German Patch before they have the official patch, the German patch is in fact working fine but doesnt add that much stuff and things are still missing like :

*Furniture in Arindale.
*Population in certain parts in the game (war camp, some villages and all towns).
*Atmosphere.
*Fireplaces in the inns.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:14 pm

Shimbatha
Village Leader
Village Leader

You know, I love when you go to that war camp to meet with the rival king and all of his tents are completely empty. Why would an old man, a king no less, be out in the wilderness at the front line of a war with absolutely no soldiers with him. Hilarious.

You know, Bgaum (Bubble gum??) hasn't said anything about furniture yet...so I won't be buying it. When they actually put something resembling atmosphere in that game, I'll buy it. Yes, I will actually buy it.

Of course, by then ES:O will be out and I'll probably be too busy to even care.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:00 am
THX1138
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Frustrating

Ya know, I was VERY interested in DL when I first heard about it.
I figured it would be an action oriented Wizards & Warriors. A rpg rich version of Blade of Darkness. I was really looking forward to it.
I wasn't impressed with the limited demo, then the delays, sorry you all know this already, and probably know where I'm going with this.
I can't stand marketing bullshit.
How can you call something a "collector's edition" if there is NO collectable value to it.
I was suckered by the Diablo2 "collector's edition". Granted, Blizzard, Diablo franchise, one helluva big box, I got my money's worth. But what was it worth as far as a collectable goes? Zip! It's a fricken video game, not a stamp. "In a hundred years who's gonna care?"
SO I guess I'm saying that DL seems to suffer from having great input from the people who tried to make it great, not to mention being rushed, and a trainwreck of a marketing dept.
It's not a collectors item, and even though I was ready to buy it on release, sadly, I probably won't buy it in ANY edition.
Dungeon Lords Delux
Dungeon Lords Update ALL your drivers edition
Dungeon Lords Fool me twice edition
Something like that maybe?
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:06 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Re: Frustrating

quote:
Originally posted by THX1138
Dungeon Lords Fool Me Twice edition
Woo hoo! That's my favorite!

I dedicated entirely too much time to that community, turned a blind eye to the demo, and although I had some fun with the game, it just isn't anything memorable in a positive way ... and I don't know how they can change that in a way that will make me want to pay any amount of money for it again.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:13 am
Shimbatha
Village Leader
Village Leader

Txa: I know what you mean. I frequented the Typhoon boards as well. (Rarely, if ever posted, but read it a few times a day at work) I did post a few times, coming there in defense of the game on those boards and the official ones, but I regret it.

It took me a couple weeks of playing to realize I was just "liking it" due to me having enjoyed the Wizardry series...and to a lesser extent, Wizards & Warriors.

You know it's sad when your CDs come with a cardboard slip cover, but the CDs are actually in seperate sleeves bound by a rubber band. I couldn't believe the shoddy packaging. Truly amazing.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:37 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

lmao they still havent released the patch you guys are still waiting / playing this crap? They are even making a collectors edition so there trying to milk more money out of people to buy that crap

If they did the game properly it woulda be a decent game its too bad.
Post Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:00 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Well the hook that keeps me intrested is Coop, I am always desperately seeking a good Coop experience.

I guess it depends on reviews (wont buy it before reviews) it is still possible to fix I guess, not holding my breath thou
Post Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:28 am