View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
By Roqua
That is insane, the story in KoToR was sophmoric and stupid. KoToR's story was good for a game, but stupid as hell if they make that cannon.
Nothing in Star Wars is 'canon' except the money. The money is canon. Everything else just masquerades as canon.

The word is that LucasArts (not counting LucasFilms) has not be making much money lately. I have heard that everything has had disappointing sales except for, you guessed it, Knights of the Old Republic. If KOTOR continues to be the only cash cow in LucasArts, then it will become so-called "canon" before you know it.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 7:10 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Non sence. How recent is your information, Darrius? LA have recently scored some pretty descent title, since KotOR. It is true true that most of their games in pre KotOR had disappointing sales, but for games that were close to total bull shit, if not worse, they must have scored pretty well (like Enter the Matrix, by Shiny, which despite being a horrible game generated sales at about 4.3 million copies for all plathforms and spawned a sequel). Since then LA have obviosly learned their lesson and have pretty much halted in-house developments, and have started outsorcing their projects ever since. Thanks to this there is KotOR, SW Galaxies, SW Battlefront, etc, with SW Empires at War *which looks simply amazing so far, a game I would definately not miss whatever you might see me say later, coming out of the hands of ex-Westwood people* coming out soon with probably more being announced soon. And if RotS does some good box officing *and it is bound to be, with no other major release coming up, though we might be surprised, last 2 episodes were beaten by sleeper box office hits The Matrix and Spiderman* there would be at least a dozen more.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 9:57 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3