Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Where is "The Alas Tomb" near Molag Mar?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

Where is "The Alas Tomb" near Molag Mar?

Spent waaaaayyy too much time looking for this for a sidequest with hopefully a nice reward. After uncorvering at least 8-10 other tombs just around the area, I cannot for the life of me find The Alas Tomb...anyone know where it is?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:30 am

MrWinkey
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It was pretty high north. i was there on a walk about just an hour ago but c ant remember exact location, but it is pretty up. northwestly part of the island. sorry i cant help more Good luck finding it! there are some foes inside who pack a pretty mean punch..
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:33 am

you sure it was no the north west part of the island? Directions and journal say near Molag Mar. Thing is, I've now found about 15 tombs, all kinds from Hlaalu to you know it, just can;t find the damn ALAS tomb and its driving me mad. 4 hours mapping all this terrain for a damn needle ina haystack.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 6:50 am

MrWinkey
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

not totally sure, no.. but i was trolling that aerea for some stuff when i stumbled upon it.. not ALL the way up north.. but in that aerea
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:21 am
paradigm9

is that the staff of magnus tomb? if it is you go up from molag mar and head west slightly, then levitate up over a mountain. its not very far from molag mar but it was a hard find. that was a VERY hard fight too!

if it isnt staff of magnus then ignore me
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:31 am

Arghh..... this is so lame. The tomb is supposedly housing Mehrune's Razor, and I got this quest from Mehrune himself. Does anyone have a hint book, can they peek in? This quest has turned my assassin into a cartographer and cliff racer killer more than anythign else. Last night I went from level 19-23 *just* from killing stuff attacking me while I was looking for this damn Alas tomb. Woe is me.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:48 pm

Anyone know of a way to find tomb's using the Editor?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:58 pm

anyone ever find this casue im lost to
Post Tue May 21, 2002 9:25 pm

Hope this helps.

I just did this annoying quest myself. NO, Alas tomb is NOT near Molag Mar. It's WAY the hell north of it and a bit east too I think. If you look at the overhead World map when you get there, you'll plainly see it is nowhere NEAR it. I did the exact same thing, slowly circling and mapping the areas around Molag. I KNOW.

Head North from Molag and scale a mountain or two then start doing your cartography work along the roads you cross. Do NOT barrel off the road and end up straying too far east or west. The cavern is clearly on a road so don't worry about looking for a door on a mountaintop. Haven't found a hidden door on a mountaintop yet oddly enough.

If you're like me then you wasted so much time finding Alas that you've ALSO forgotten where you got the stupid Deadric quest from in the first place so I'll try to help there too! The temple location is NOT noted on your journal nor can it be found on your world map. As mentioned previously, my memory sucks and the fact that most locations and names in the game are very similar doesn't help either. I spent several hours searching for where I found this temple and it turns out that it's on the FAR west coast of Vvardenfell. It's near Gnisis or that town just northwest of it which I can't remember the name of.

When you get into Alas look for the guys body. There will be "A Rusty Dagger" there. Get this item as it is the razor. Return it to the Daedric temple for your "reward".

The Razor is a pathetic prize for such a daunting quest. It quickly landed on my floor of neverending junk.

Regards,
Sindau the Lost
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:19 pm

dysfunktional
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

But hey.. where can i find vampire tombs?

Anyone.. ?
Post Wed May 22, 2002 8:49 pm