RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Speeder
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

CH2: VoM advice

I need some advice for valley of mines.

First of all, I am a merc.

I went there when I was level 7. Killed quiet a few bandits and lurkers on the way, got to castle when I was level 9. Learned next smithing level, freed Gron (payed 1000g :|), handed that storage guy 24 pieces of meat. Talked to the main guy, and told Orin or what's his name about the brother.

Also I've gotten 2 runes (one that teleports you to the castle, and the other to the pass).

THEN, using the nice little ramp *benefit* i've killed bout 40 orcs around the castle including elites and shammies, and got to level 12.

I am supposed to go to the mines, but I still don't like how i handle multiple orcs and orc elites, so I want couple more levels / better armor / better weapon (using ore longsword now, have 61 str/45% 1hs though).

So what should I do? continue killing orcs, and get 1hs / str (without any good weapon / armor updates)? Or are there any quests or something that I can complete? Or should I just go ahead and continue with the main quest (go to the mines) ?

p.s i got something like tongue of fire from one of the orc huts around the castle, is it used for anything? And what can I do with countless orc weapons that i've collected? Sell them?

Thanks
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:42 am
CaMeL_UK
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi im a merc as well and i cant get the quest to free gron for sum reason, was it written in your quest log to free him, as mine isnt but im sure that i have been given the task. The orc side of it, personally i would do the missions go to the places and avoid contact with orcs as much as possible, the ramp trick is kewl but in the outer parts of the map, if you see 3 orcs runnin at ya u do what most ppl do... load game. Seriously there are a lot of orcs on that map and if ya gonna kill them all your gonna be in that part for a very long time,i killed a few like you around the castle, although i cudnt deal with the shamans as they dont cum within range of the bug so they can still fire fireballs at ya, so if ya have any pointers on dealing with them much appreciated.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:14 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by CaMeL_UK
Hi im a merc as well and i cant get the quest to free gron for sum reason, was it written in your quest log to free him, as mine isnt but im sure that i have been given the task.

Did you talk the knight who's guarding the prison (Gerold)? Did you talk to Milten? He's in the magician's building of the castle. I think he is the quest giver.

quote:
Originally posted by Speeder
Or are there any quests or something that I can complete?

Not counting the main quests, I think you still have a few quests left. One example: The Lurker Quest.

From the place where you first met Jergan the scout (the very first person you talked to in the mine valley), go to the river and swim right. Swim until you reach the end of the river. Then, you'll see a mine on your right and an empty orc tent on your left. Turn left, and you'll see a lot of lurkers. That's the place where you'll do the quest.

Another example: Feed Talbin with some cheese

From the place where you first met Jergan the scout (the very first person you talked to in the mine valley), go to the river and swim right. While swimming, look for a lurker on your left. You should then see a ramp going up. Go up the slope and you'll find Talbin.

I don't think you'll gain experience from this, though.

quote:
i got something like tongue of fire from one of the orc huts around the castle, is it used for anything?

I think they are just trophies. If so, sell them.

quote:
And what can I do with countless orc weapons that i've collected? Sell them?

Yes.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:18 am
Speeder
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i did both of those quests on the way to the castle (i went all the way around to the place where it snowed first)

I have a 60/60 weapon, but it's 2H. Is it worth training 2h now (which is at 25) versus 1h (which is at 45?)

Also I talked to everyone in the castle I think.

Anyway, I guess I'll go do the main quest now. Also, is there a place for some armor / weps that I can buy / kill stuff for in Ch2?
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:41 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Firelizard tongue - trophy but necesseary to create some of the runes.
If You want to have one of melee on 100% the second will be learned at 60%. Can do nothing about it. Best weapons in game can be both 1handed and 2handed. At least this was the case with paladin where I could choose between 1 and 2h when Harad was creating magic weapon for me. Believe me, even Orcslayer (1h 65 damage) will do fine if You have 1h on 100% and around 200 Strenght.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:30 pm