Usergroups
1600x1200 @32bit color and smoothvision
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
propellerhead
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well as you guys may have heard, i have a big monitor, I did not realize the poor quality of framerate that i had at 800x600. Just to let you guys know, this all in wonder 8500dv under xp sucks for video editing but all the features works great on older windows not nt based. I was playing with the settings.

to make this short. I decided to bump the game setting using smooth vision at a 1074x768 but i had problems with the video being blocky, I bumped it to 1600x1200 32 bit color and it was a hair low framerate. So i enabled smoothvision at a very very high resolution and this thing is extremely fantastic...300 visibility with every single graphics enabled. It is so freakin nice i tell ya. right now, its at 1600x1200 32bit color with smoothvision enabled at 2x and boy the color is extrordinary. cpu 1.2 ghz.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2001 12:49 am
Faelon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What the heck is Smoothvision?
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 12:07 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

A pointless brand name for "anti-alaising". It was an attempt to make an old feature thats been on voodoo cards for years sound new and exciting. It failed.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:40 am