Big Bad Bug
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Big Bad Bug

I have recently encountered a new bug where eventually in the game, my menus become useless...

First time I encountered this problem was..I think..immediatly after I installed the new Index plug-in from Bethesda.

I was look at my map, trying to move it around to see places i haven't been to...but thet map wouldn't move. Then i thought it was a small map problem that would go away after restarting the game.

After restarting the game, everything is back to normal. Later I go and try to remove my shield, and...I can't take it off. I try the moving the map and once again everything is stuck. I try scrolling on my list of skills and the scroll is frozen. Nothing works in menu. I can press the menu button again and I play like normal, but I can't do anythign in menu besides moving my mouse arrow around trying different things.

Even trying to rest, the rest menu(where you decide the hours to sleep) just freezes. Only thing that works in any of the menus is that you can move your mouse around or escape it, besides the rest menu and the talk window.

The menu is not the only thing that frozen. When I hit escape to save game...I can't hit the Save button, nor would any of the other buttons work or even highlight. I can't even exit game.

The only way save would work is by hitting my quick save hotkey. The only way I can exit is by atl-tabing to desktop and right clicking and closing Morrowind from my taskbar...

This is a really bad bug. I can't play long morrowind sessions like this. Extremely annoying...I hope there is a fix somewhere, or Bethesda fixes something.

So many bugs in this game....
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:03 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have that same bug on occasion too but it doesn't happen that often. And it's not that big of a deal to hit F5 and ctrl-alt-del out. Does it happen alot to you??
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:06 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Yes it happens a lot. It is a big deal to me cause sometimes putting hours into the game saving rarely hurts bad when you have exit the game and start over from a save that was made an hour ago.

Plus I hate constantly restarting the game. Not only do I CTD, now I get this bug.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:14 pm
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Yeah, I got that a couple times since installing the patch. Just quicksave, ctrl-alt-del, and boot back up... never cost me more than a couple minutes of game.

-Matt
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:47 pm
Gally
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So it's alright to quicksave at that point? I was worried if the problem will persist after reloading...
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:11 am
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Yup

Yeah quicksaving is good. The problem won't reload, its just there eventually.
Post Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:18 pm