Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Should I start another gothic 2 game? (or wait on addon?)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gothic Warrior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Should I start another gothic 2 game? (or wait on addon?)

Hello all, I am an avid gothic 2 fan and have already beat the game. I have been wanting to play it again for the past few days because its been a while but I don't want to start a game then have the english addon come out because I want to play it again with the addon. I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to if they have signed any contracts for an english version or if they are even working on it or how far they are and if it's release is just on the horizon. Some answers would be appreciated thanks.
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:43 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

it's just my opinion, but:
i think you must start over, and join another guild, that way you will learn every way the game has to offer, and after you finshed the second time, start over again, and again, play in another guild.
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:51 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to the forums.

The English add-on is more or less finished but there´s no word about the release yet. Since the US got G2 only this week the add-on can follow any time between early next year and next Christmas.

Play G2 with a mage and the add-on with a melee character. Mage is incredibly hard, the add-on is combat heavy in chapters 1 and 2.
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:26 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

Welcome!

I would personally recommend a second go. You only understand the game fully once you play it two times with two different classes. Like, things start to fit in, those things you couldn't possibly understand having played it only once. Offcourse, the main plot, as well as the main part of the quests are the same, but still...

As for your signature, you should consult this page.
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:43 pm
Gothic Warrior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ahh ok I fixed it used my other smaller one, I have the UK version because I couldnt wait for it to come US and I will also buy the UK addon because there is no freaking way I can wait till next christmas to play it . This is like one of the best RPG games I have played I wish there was alot more that are like gothic but most of them are diablo looking you know with the lil characters. Well I guess I will start a new game and play paladin this time last time I was mercenary. Im not much for spell casting Im the smash and bash with a sword type. Hopefully we can get some word on the UK release or a good timeframe.
Post Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:52 pm