Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Oh Oh! Not enough experience points to advance....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Oh Oh! Not enough experience points to advance....

I am in the mage guild, at level 15, and need to create the Fire Arrow Rune in order to advance. The trouble is, there are only skeletons left to kill, and I need seven thousand experience points to get any more learning points!!! My character cannot kill skeletons! Not even one at a time! I have killed literally everything else and the only quest I really have other than the Rune is to find the other three blood chalices. I did everything I could conceivably do for the Mercs, too - not strong enough to do all of the fights, though. Even if I killed all of the skeletons in the crypt near the Farm (which I really, really can't - not a chance, not a hope of a chance) I doubt that I would have enough learning points.

Am I screwed? I would HATE to have to start over (in fact, I won't), and I can't imagine that the game would be made in such a way that you can't go farther, but that's what it's starting to look awfully like. If I have to I will cheat so I don't lose the game, but I don't even know how to do that.....HELPPPP!!!
Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:34 am
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I guesss you are not playing Notr... anyhow i think there is to little info you are giving to us in order to help...but try to get more quests (have you tried the thiefs guild?) and i am preaty sure you did not explore everything...go to the light house and just walk along the coast, also the forest near is full of creatures.
Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:50 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I have only a couple of quests to do.

One is to make the fire rune. But I cannot do that without experience points.

One is to find the three blood chalices - I have three of these at the present time.

I have to find more information for the boatmaker in the City, but there aren't any other quests there that I can do in the City without ratting on the thieves guild, and if I do that I lose the Chalice quest.

I'm at level 15, so bear in mind that I have done most of what there is to do so far.

If I was strong enough I could go and deal with the mercenaries by fighting them - but at strength of 50 and with 33 in one handed weapons, I am definitely not strong enough to take on Sentenza, Raoul and Bullco. I have fought all of the others, though.

I have cleared ALL of the area around the lighthouse - even the skeletons, which I managed to kill by getting above them and shooting arrows at them.

I have killed all of the Shadow beasts. I have killed all of the Goblins, live and undead. I have killed all of the Orcs that are hanging around the lighthouse, and all of the Snappers. I have killed every wolf, warg, and other assorted mammal in the entire game. I have killed all of the trolls (using some help, of course), fire lizards, and the golems in the cave near the pyramids.

The only thing left to kill is a) The two really, really tough Skeleton Warriors in the cave near the circle of stones, and b) the numerous skeletons in the crypt near the Farm, which I had a hard time with last time I played the game as a tough mercenary. So I won't be able to deal with these yet.

I also have no good spell scrolls that I can use - there are no more of the scrolls that kill undead left anywhere, and I can't find anything more powerful than a fire arrow scroll at this point.

So the only other thing I can do is kill all of the bandits and Dexter, but I know there is a quest associated with him, so I don't dare.
Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:23 am
Silvayn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's been a long time and I don't really remember... but can't you just go into the mine valley, yet? Plenty of creatures there! Also, if you start a new chapter then some creatures reset on the isle.

You mentioned fire lizards near the pyramide... did you find the cave not far from them? There is also a small island not far from the dock, with few lizards (and some treasure chests). As well as few separated beaches which can be accessed only by swimming there (swim right from the dock). None of those will give you 7k exp tho.

And to solve your skeleton problem, you could try to buy Kill undead scrolls.
Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:39 am
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

there is no quest linked to the Dexter people ( only in Notr) even then there is no problem to kill them all. Il will be an aditional 100 points if you know dexter's name. Also there is a cave in the back of the hut there. couple of mine crawler, couple of unded (you can climb a rock after lure them and kill them with a bow) . for the other 3 cups see the guide ( maby www.dlh.net ) or see some other posts in this forum....
if you still can not make your 7000 points start kiling people:))))

you can not go into the valey if you are not a mage, or change the chapter...
Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:53 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm if you can kill showdow beasts n' orcs how come you cant kill a skeleton ? if you got some king of hammer or other blunt weapon it deals more damage to them .. also it might still be possible to get exp X 2 from killing people in G2 .. not sure but it works in G1 .. first knock them down whit your sword then wait for them to get up and when they are done talking shot them whit a bow or crossbow .. but seens your a mage i guess your useing magic ..

well if nothing else works i guess you could allways use the console to insert a few wolfs or something .. ( i dont consitter this cheating seens you still have to fight them in order to get exp and if there nothing left to kill then its mearly a bug fix ) but you'll have to make that up whit your own morals

also i cant remember if the spell "death to the undead" is possible to get your hands on at this time

another hint .. if there a skeleton mage dont kill it at once cuz some of them summon other skeletons for an almost unlimitied source of exp so start choping once you can kill them
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:40 am
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: no exp to advance

Hagatha. Can you post how did you spend your exps ? At level 15, you should have plenty of exps unless you have spent a lot on mana and dexterity. Before I can think of anything more, here are some suggestions that you may want to try:

1. In the Innubis crypt, there are 3 crypt skeleton guards that you can kill easily since they wont move before you hit them (from behind).

2. If you already kill the black troll, then you can get 500 exp from talking to Raoul.

3. If you have enough mana, you can get a couple of kill undead scrolls to kill the shadow warriors. You can find the scrolls near Niclas.
Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:48 pm
Balandor
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You say you have killes every monster and only skeletons are left....mmm....i have some questions:

1- How ca u be at level 15 if u killed almos all?? you do quests, right? or you just train by killing?

2- What weapon do u have? skeletons are really eeasy to kill with spell scroll

3- Its strange...you have killed Shadowbeast but not Sentenza.....you need more strategy....i drag senteza to a group of beasts to debilitate him, then when he has little hp, i knock him off...the wuestion is....how can u beat orcs and monsters like that?

4- How many mana do you have? you shouldnt spend too much in it, i finished the game with 120, enough to make 2 army of darkness (the best spell ive ever had), or 2 breath of death, or 3 dead to the undead....
Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:18 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Thanks for all the advice.

My character has 50 strength (with a ring that adds five strength) dexterity of 40, low mana points because I needed to get through the first part of the game intact (I have a ring that gives plus 10 mana for using with scrolls). I spent a lot of points on alchemy and that's partly how I got my strength and dexterity stats up to where they are through making permanent potions.

I have a special troll-killing technique which requires fast moving rather than strength - lure troll to companion (Ulf, for example, or the fellow near the mercs who teaches hunting skills) wait until troll is badly damaged, move in for the kill. The big black troll is easy to kill with arrows (although tedious) if you stand behind the dead tree stump at the entrance to his lair. He takes swats at you, but if you jump back he will miss. Again, no strength required. Cheesy but effective. He was dead by the time I was at level 7 or 8.

I am using a mace with 50 damage right now, but skellies are still pretty tough if more than one attacks (and they seem to come in pairs). I can't beat two of them at once. The crypt is therefore way too difficult and I won't even bother attempting it yet.

I have already been everywhere - done the beaches, the island, every cave I can get into. I know the terrain well - this is my second time through the game. No way to get points from Raoul for the troll hide - he just keeps calling Sentenza to come and beat me up every time I go near him (and that I can't do).

There are no Destroy Undead scrolls left in the game at this point - used them all up.

I may have to go and kill those bandits after all. But I thought Dexter had a quest associated with him, and he may be too tough for me.
Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:27 am
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: need exps to advance

Are you playing the add-on? If not then you should go ahead and attack the bandits mountain. Killing all the bandits and the microcralwlers and skellies will get you lots of exps, probably around 4000-5000 exps.

Spending a lot of points on alchemy+mana+dexterity is not a good way, at the early stage. Remember ONLY SPENDING POINTS WHEN NEEDED.
Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:13 am
Don-Esteban
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes, if you play the Classic Gothic II (without addon), you can kill Dexter and his bandits. There is no Quest.
Do you have killed all Minecrawlers, Field Raiders, Wolves, Wargs and so on in the forrest behind Akils's farm? It's a little bit difficult, because there are skeletons and agile goblin skeletons in this area. At the seaside behind this forrest you can find a herd of Snappers.
Are you able, to kill Snappers and Wargs?
To kill the creatures at the pyramide valley is a good idea, but perhaps they are to hard for you. The crypt behind Onar's farm is atm very hard, unless you have several scrolls like a few ice block scrolls or rain of fire.

And at last here is a map for the blood chalices.
Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:44 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

First off, have you been to the area above the first cave(from xardas' tower going to Khourinis, where a bandit waits and the bottom of the steps early in the game), there are a few wargs, lizards, rats, and meatbugs there. Not many, but some easy exp., a few scrolls, a bow, and various herbs.

Secondly, have you been too the VoM before? If not, there are many quest you can do without taking on anything tough.(but since you can kill snappers, you can rack up quite a few of them, field radiers,lurkers,wolves, etc.)You'll easily get 7k exp from your first trip there.

If you can't talk too Raoul, I assume you did'nt pay Sentenza the gold he demands, pay it and talk too Raoul to get the 500exp.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:45 pm