Cool and funny things
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Cool and funny things

This game is full of little details that make you smile or you just love.
Let's gather them here.

I'll start:

As a clvl 9 militia I wanted to have a little fun with the trolls near the mercanary camp. One came after me and killed grom. I ran into the small
opening bewteen the two rock formations and thought I'd be perfectly safe as that big troll would never fit there. Boy I was wrong

Then I decided to lure the troll to the mercenary camp. One merc immediatly reached for his sword and attacked the troll. In just a few hits
he made the troll bite the dust, saying the magical words
"heh, I knew I still had it in me!"

Gotta love this game
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:08 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

lazy!! Should take the troll out urself hehe

Yes, the games full of these extra details, that really make a differance to the game, many games these days, it seems the developers are rushed to make the game and you see very little interesting content/features... Gothic 2 is made great by the fact there seems to be no expence spared!
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:18 pm
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

The AI is sweet; I must agree. My most memorable event thus far:
I was just starting Chapter 4: Dragon Hunting and came upon the group of supposed dragon hunters. I do the usual and have my conversations, but when I get to the last guy he is pretty arrogant. I get a dialogue option with a wise remark and cannot resist, but of course he immediately wants to throw down. The conversation ends with weapons being drawn. After I hack him a few times, he drops but I hear weapons drawn behind me. Expecting another battle I turn and strike, but notice I do not get hit back. These other two npc’s were actually coming to my aid. The one I struck makes a comment like: “Don’t do that again or you will regret it.” And the other runs past and runs the guy thru on the ground killing him. After this he loots the body saying something like “Hey! At least you had a lot of gold.” I did not really want to kill the guy, but that kind of made my jaw drop.

I hope that character was not important. Maybe these NPC's are just a little too dynamic.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:14 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I like the taunt for the Merc that hits you up for gold when you enter the camp. Something like “Is that a face on your head or is that just you butt”. All the taunts are pretty good. I’ve just been playing in Chptr. 1 so far so I am sure that I will see a lot more…

Another one…the big worm thingy that has you for a snack when you go swimming.

Sylvio
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:47 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Cool and funny things

quote:
Originally posted by gakkie
Then I decided to lure the troll to the mercenary camp. One merc immediatly reached for his sword and attacked the troll. In just a few hits
he made the troll bite the dust, saying the magical words
"heh, I knew I still had it in me!"

You should lure a black troll to them. It would be very interesting when the merc camp is killing the troll for a militia. (I'm talking about a certain quest, but I can't bring the spoiler here.)
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:41 pm
dagem
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

My second time thru, I'm playing a Dragonslayer Archer. If you are being attacked by say a shadowbeast and large rats, if you kill the beast the rats will start eating the beast and stop paying attention to you.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:24 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i always liked the fact that pirahna bytes added preferences to the beasts like the rats to dead things, or lurkers to goblins, or a wolf to a sheep, if it was any other developer that made gothic 2 i can almost guarantee that those little things wouldnt be in there it just makes me happy to know that such a small developer pays such close attention to setail
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:07 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ran into a couple more last night…First, was all the sayings on the headstones in the mortuary…especially the guy that lived for over 700yrs. There is a couple of graves were the dead guy tried to crawl out but was stopped buy either arrows or a blade…it would have been neat if the skeletons came to life when you pulled the last arrow or blade out of their rotting corpus. The other was Sagita (sp)…you walk into her cave and see a beautiful woman sitting in a chair and when you talk to her she sounds like the ‘wicked witch of the west’…got a good laugh on that one.

The potion seller in the market square was cool too…question is…did he keep all the Buds for himself?

Sylvio
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:22 pm
marst
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Seekers

I really got a kick out of the seekers, especially at the end, when they give their whole speach about u not getting past them, and your impending death...which is then followed by 1 hit from my ore sword that kills them! just made me laugh really.

marst

[/quote]
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:22 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

A few days ago something really interesting happen to me.

I was exploring during the night and I met the hunter dude in the high planes area and he said something about a snorting creature that bit off a wolf's head one night so I got scared and went to bed. The next day, I found the hunter guy killing a scavenger so I talked to him after he killed it. While we were talking, I noticed something moving in the background and I quickly realized that the snorting creature was walking towards us so I ended the conversation. It turned out that it was walking towards the dead scavenger but unfortunately, the hunter dude saw the snorting beast and attacked it, thinking that he could defeat it, and boy was he wrong . So I ran for my life.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:00 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Recruiting my crew

I had a funny experience, when I was recruiting my crew.
I went to Diego asked him to come along, he ask me to hold on and went to change into his armor. When he returns (standing with armor on) I told him I had changed my mind. He said something I forget, so then I ask him come along with me again. He said something like makeup your mind and went to change again. But this time he comes back in his underwear and heads off to the docks. I laugh my ass off.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:22 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

LOL...That's a good one. I'll have to remember that when I get to that part in the game...LOL

Sylvio
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:41 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

awww it wouldnt let me take diego along said i had a full crew but 2 minutes later i find someone else and recruit him i end up bringing about 25 people to the halls of idorath island but no diego, damn i wanted to beat him up for changing his voice
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:29 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I was standing on Dexter’s roof taking out the mine crawler warriors when one of them disappeared. So I finished off the one I could see and went hunting for the other. Looked in the cave…not there. On the way back out I noticed a movement in the tower, I looked up a there it was, playing ‘ring around the rosie’ with the tower. It was like watching a NASCAR race with only one car on the track. So I ran up to the top of the tower and it noticed me but could not get me. I whacked it with a bolt and it jumped into one of the roof supports…there I was looking at the warrior with the support going thru the middle of its body doing 360s like there was no tomorrow. I thought it was going to take off so I put it out of its misery and there it stays. You can almost see it from the Merc camp.

Sylvio
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:19 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

This was sad not funny

When I meet Ur-Shak and told him his leader was dead he asked me to leave. He was grieving over this lost and started walking back to the leader’s camp on the hill top. I followed him and had to keep my distance or he would stop. When he got to the hill top he started to run around and moved closer to the edge. He jumped. Committed suicide, I went to the bottom of the hill and could not find his body. When I return his body was lying at the top edge of the hill. I was grieving now over the lost of a friend (so I thought). I reloaded and this time went and spoke to him and …. I don’t want to spoil it.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:22 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next