Guild Wars is GREAT
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Guild Wars is GREAT

I will definitely be buying Guild Wars when it comes out. You can play it this weekend during the test, download at www.guildwars.com

There will be no subscription fee to the game... therefore it is the only MMORPG I plan on buying in the near future. I'm quite enjoying the test so far this weekend.
Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:50 am
RPGPorkster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

My first throughts is that it is much like Dungeon Siege meets online instancing. I also saw alot of Blizzard style in the game, which I later read is a fact in that the programmers are once blizzard employees and makers ofgames like Diablo, Starcraft, etc.

There is defiantely a market out there for this game. I would prefer to play a more advance game like EQ , though as it offers more player to player interactivity, obviously at a cost, though.

Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:21 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

I agree, it seems very much like a joining of Dungeon Siege and Diablo II. I haven't gotten to the PvP portions of the game, which is what they claim is the highpoint. I'm looking forward to that.

As for EQ2... if A) my wife wouldn't kill me, and B) there was no subscription fee, I'd buy that as well.
Post Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:39 am
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

Kinda late to post. Just wanted to say
Guild Wars is like diablo 2 adn Dungeons Siege? what wrong with you people?
GW is more like Morrowind, Gothic, Dungeon Lords, EQ, EQ2, WoW, Knights Online, RYL, RYL2. etc. But it is not even close to those RPGs(Diablo2 and DS)
//i know no one will reply. its just this freaked me out and had me going for a few min. No one ever compared GW top DS or D2
Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:18 pm
Lain
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i pre ordered this.. but now it seems there will be collectors editin box set thing? i want the ost! must have...

Played the beta weekends, and wow i am sho gonna be addicted, not like i aint already.. >.>

dungeon siege... stuff... aint heard of those.
Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:03 am
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah, there is a collectors edition. It comes with a headset and teamspeak and stuff. Pretty cool. Costs $80. My friend ordered it.

//omg, my guild in Guild Wars is so awesome.
Post Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:09 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

quote:
Originally posted by Rangehurts
Kinda late to post. Just wanted to say
Guild Wars is like diablo 2 adn Dungeons Siege? what wrong with you people?
GW is more like Morrowind, Gothic, Dungeon Lords, EQ, EQ2, WoW, Knights Online, RYL, RYL2. etc. But it is not even close to those RPGs(Diablo2 and DS)
//i know no one will reply. its just this freaked me out and had me going for a few min. No one ever compared GW top DS or D2

Guild Wars definitely has similarities with Diablo 2 -- I would describe it as a modern update on D2-with-Battle.net . Since Dungeon Lords and RYL both have some inspiration from D2, I can see the connection there. Morrowind and EQ much less so.

Comparisons with D2 are very common, if you look around, especially given Jeff Strain's prior work.
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:02 am