Usergroups
Joining Thieve's Guild
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Manrico
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Nagur stiffed me. he said I was going to get money, but the game said I got "0 gold". Even tho I had to Marvin my way into the guild they accepted me as a member. I told them I killed Atille, tho, I had never seen him and the guy I was talking to said he didn't care. I never did find the fish or the note. I may have sold the fish.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:52 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Manrico
Nagur stiffed me. he said I was going to get money, but the game said I got "0 gold".

It doesn't matter. As long as you finish three "Entrance Thief Quests" -- the Brazen Thief, the False Messenger, and the Bandit Raids -- Attila will appear, either to give you the key, or to kill you. You don't need to be successful. Complete the quests, and he'll appear.

quote:
Even tho I had to Marvin my way into the guild they accepted me as a member. I told them I killed Atille, tho, I had never seen him and the guy I was talking to said he didn't care.

The game didn't trigger the specific flag, indicating that Attila had given you the key. So, it assumed that you'd killed him.

Cheats will definitely lead you to everywhere. In fact, you can fast-track your way to the Final Battle with the help of Marvin console.

quote:
I never did find the fish or the note. I may have sold the fish.

Did you try to find the bandits' lair and find the fish? It should be somewhere around Akil's farm.

You probably don't care. But, even though you now "have" entrance to the sewers, completion of quests can still give you a few experience points, which may not be abundant in the later part of the game.

EDIT: Got rid of something I don't want people to see.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:14 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

attila also appear when you put rengaru in jail, but then he wants to kill you... (that happened when my friend played the game)...
is that normal?
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:54 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Neo_Genesis
attila also appear when you put rengaru in jail

If you put him in jail, the quest, "The Brazen Thief", is completed. If you also completed the other two quests, "Bandit Raids" (Halvor) and "False Messenger" (Nagur), then Attila will appear.

I think that's how it works.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:50 pm
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Attile showed up even though I hadn't done ''Bandit Raids'' and ''False Messenger''.

It seems that the guy wants to kill you for throwing Rengaru in jail
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:53 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

no, my friend met him when he only did the "brazen thief", and then kardif says that someone wants to meet you, if you go there attila will try to kill you!
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:55 pm
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Sorry guys about wrong information . It is because of the translation. In my version those two keys have same names:
"rusty key".

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:57 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Dont listen to tham they are wrong....
there are 3 ways to get to the thives guild:
1. turn renguru to jail..
2. put nagur in jail after he talls you that he killed one of the marchents apprintis... you cant turn him in after helping him... (i think its the best way coz whan you are in the thives guild he cant help you)
3. dont give the fist with a note to the fish seller and put him in jail...

after you do one or more of these things you go to kardifs bar he sais that someone is behind the fish sellers house.. attila will be there he will come to kill you... kill him and take his key go to the sewers and talk to the thive in the entrence to the room (be nice and dont fight him) he will lead you to cassia if you will ask him for it... she will offer you to join them.. get constentinos (the alchimist) ring to join tham...
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:58 am
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I have a question, if nobody minds.

I have already completed ''The Brazen Thief'' (and ''Bandit Raids'' for that matter), but Jora, who i've heard is supposed to direct me to Nagur, doesn't say anything to me. What else do I need to do?
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:09 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2