View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
incitatus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic 3 Announced in Germany!

Amazing! Check it out.

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009POACA/qid=1135089638/sr=8-3/ref=pd_ka_3/302-4896602-1755213

My rule of thumb is that when Amazon announces it, it is real.

Rejoice.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:03 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Thanks for the info.
We know for a long time that G3 is in development, though.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:53 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

lmao
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:27 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath

It is?? I have to come out of my cave more often.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:34 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks for any info regarding it.

Check http://www.gothic3.com for more info.

Welcome to the forums!
Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:46 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:

It is?? I have to come out of my cave more often.

But then you'll be surrounded by molerats and wolves and orcs and oh my like he was
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:12 am
incitatus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Thanks for the info.

I know, I know. My point is that Amazon does not deal in speculation like fan magazines and that when a product actually makes an appearence on a search it is more than vaporware.

Just finished NOTR which was our (me and wife) third time thru G II.

Really cannot wait for G 3.

It just seems to us that other games sorta really suck after Gothic.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:27 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Haha welcome to the club my friend! After Gothic you suddenly have a new standard for games, and everything is compared to it. It is kind of sad really, as now everything seems so much worse, hehe. Still, Gothic is the light at the end of the tunnel in the game industry, and I can't wait for G3 either.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:14 am
Dajjer
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Count me in that club also.

Playing Gothic is like going out with an intelliengent, witty Ms America. It's great while it lasted but afterwards, all the other girls seem, well ordinary. So then you go out with these she-will-do girls and have a nice time. You maybe even think about marriage with one of these "nice" things. UNTIL . . . Ms America calls and says she can fit you into her calendar in 2006.

Screw marriage, Ms Ameica is calling. Live life to the fullest I say.

Oh Gothic 3, why do you tease me so. MARRY ME.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:50 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by incitatus
I know, I know. My point is that Amazon does not deal in speculation like fan magazines and that when a product actually makes an appearence on a search it is more than vaporware.
True, but when it comes to release dates they are wrong most of the time. Though they do seem to create trends... a friend of mine is an author. Scheduled release date for one of his novels was June '05. He was somewhat astonished when his publishing house called him in mid-February to tell him that Amazon had (falsely) given a release date of April '05, and that they now wanted him to be done by then because Amazon had declined to change their info, and they didn't want to disappoint the readers. The author then had three weeks left to write his book... no editing, no proofreading. It showed.
Let's just hope they don't pull one of these stunts on Gothic 3 .
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:08 am
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Amazon isn't perfect: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3551767432/ <- November is gone and Skydoll 3 isn't there yet (in German, that is).

And I really, really, really, really, really, really, really hate the fact how people rate games that aren't even out yet. 4.5 stars for Gothic 3 - I don't doubt that there will be many disappointed faces afterwards. It's just natural when the hype goes to far.
Amazon shouldn't allow ratings before release. Or delete all those ratings after the release.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:02 am
incitatus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Haha welcome to the club my friend! After Gothic you suddenly have a new standard for games, and everything is compared to it. It is kind of sad really, as now everything seems so much worse, hehe. Still, Gothic is the light at the end of the tunnel in the game industry, and I can't wait for G3 either.

Very true. It suggests that we had best take it upon ourselves to be sure that the development team is kept healthy. Perhaps we should be sending them food and other necessities? Can anyone check in with them to be sure that they are well?

It is funny, I had never played a game before where I actually feel odd if I have to kill a character. What a fantastic accomplishment.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:00 pm
incitatus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
quote:
Originally posted by incitatus
True, but when it comes to release dates they are wrong most of the time. Though they do seem to create trends... a friend of mine is an author. Scheduled release date for one of his novels was June '05. He was somewhat astonished when his publishing house called him in mid-February to tell him that Amazon had (falsely) given a release date of April '05, and that they now wanted him to be done by then because Amazon had declined to change their info, and they didn't want to disappoint the readers. The author then had three weeks left to write his book... no editing, no proofreading. It showed.
Let's just hope they don't pull one of these stunts on Gothic 3 .

I understand. On the other hand, perfection is the enemy of good and sometimes some outside "encouragement" is needed to get the project finished.

Have any of you played the English language version of G II?
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:09 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Thats because 95% of games that are released are very boring generic crap its rare to play a game you really like and is unique most games its all the same tedious crap they dont even try they just put out crap and as long as they get money there happy.

Its the same game same thing over and over and i dont know about you but i just HATE how alot of rpg's they have a main character that "lost" there memory so sick of that crap.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:16 pm
horst wessel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It's funny, because amazon.co.uk states that "This item will be released on May 5, 2006"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000A432TW/qid=1135213161/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/202-4241014-6721426
where do they get these dates? sounds promising though:)
Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:10 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next