RPGDot Network    

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Abaut NWN...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Abaut NWN...

I thing neverwinter nights is a good game. You can do your own advertures, and the story is good too, but nwn isn't so good at all. There are some class like: sorcerer, and wizard, what is nearly the same thing. Only the wizard have spellbook, but they have the same spells. The druid cannot morph into animals (only into that creatures what the wizard and sorcerer can morph), and have nearly the same spells, only it has druid/cleric spells too. So it isn't so good at all. The fights are boring with a simple fighter or ranger, but the bigger battles are boring with all of the caracters. The level gaining is terrible, becuse there is only 20 level! And you won't gain enough experience (so this 20 level is NEARLY enough, but this is very very few level). The grafics is OK but it doesn't very beatiful. The game is too easy. There isn't any special in it. I played Neverwinter Nights so I know what I'm talking abaut. The fight with the dragons is very boring too. Maybe the pathes solve this problem?
Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:16 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

*Imagines the flames Milan would get if he said the sorcerer and wizard classes were the same on the official D&D boards. We're talking sun going super-nova here.*

The variations in the classes are based off how you want to play your character. Each class has a strength and it's good to pick the one that matches closely to how you want to play. For instance, if you want a lot of variety of spells, then pick a wizard, but if you don't care as much about selection and just want to throw around tons of fireballs, then pick a sorcerer.
The original campaign isn't that great. If you want some good gameplay, then pick up the two expansions and some of the user-created campaigns (especially the Hall of Fame ones). Also, try out the multiplayer feature and find a good server to play on. The game is a whole lot more fun with other people.
Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:28 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Yeah, but one thing remains: The fights are quite boring with a fighter!
Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:28 pm
Lord_Brownie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Playing a fighter means mixing it up with feats. If you have a good Dex, work towards Whirlwind so you can attack everything standing near you. Or get great cleave so you can cleave through numbers of low level mobs in one round. If you are a Ranger, try combining Great Cleave, Whirlwind, and duel-weild for some monster slicing fun.

Still, the single player game is dull (atleast the orginal campaign--I loved HotU), so try going on line, as Val said. Here you will see the figher shine as he/she stands toe-to-toe with monsters that could otherwise wipe the party out in a single round.

If the fighter is still dull, then pick up some levels of another class to add in some spells. Keep in mind though that while cleric spells can be cast in armor with no problem, wizard spells will be hard to impossible to cast while wearing heavey armor.
Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:05 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

I gave the official campaign a reasonable chance, but it was just *so dull*. I haven't bothered going back to it.

But that's okay, I only bought the game to join in the multiplayer sessions - and I'm finding multiplayer NWN to be great fun. I'm playing a fighter and rarely bother with feats, but don't find it boring because of the fact that there are other people there.

YMMV.
Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:01 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I'm currently playing NWN single player campaign (+ the 2 datadiscs) and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.
Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:15 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I have to agree with you cfmdobbie, if I had not started with the MP aspect of it, I would have deleted the game a long time ago. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but playing with friends here has made it a total blast and keeps it fresh!
Mark Twain
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:10 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

i love nwn hordes cuz there r those yummy special feats for lvl 21 up.I love monks the r the best with that spell resistance and stuff and i also love sorcerers even if i can wear robe of the kings with them
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:46 am