Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:56 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Check out the "sounds".
That dictionary sure is handy.

Edit: Almost forgot, back on topic. Nazis must go.
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:21 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

@ Krzychu:

Most people who like heavy metal are just ordinary people, but sadly, as you found out, it also attracts pyschotic As&@#$es & B*@$!%^s.
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:05 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Discussing this further goes off topic, but it must be addressed. Keep in mind I am assuming you are a man.
quote:
Originally by Krzychu
Also: I was in a club where they play heavy metal a few days ago. Everybody (except two people) is dressed in black and suddenly this girl (dressed casually) calls my friend a poser(spelling?). What? Okay, let's ignore that. Some time later the same girl tries to hit me in the face with her fist. What the hell?! Uh, riiiiiight... I gave her a puzzled look and walked a few steps away. Next, my other friend gets kicked in the face while walking up the stairs by - yes, you guessed it - the same girl. Oh, I get it! Sure, you can act like that when your boyfriend is a 2-meter-tall block of muscles. I mean, what were we supposed to do, hit her back? Surely, she deserved it, but we didn't want no trouble. This must go. All the way to Hell!
I guess somebody didn't feel the Christmas spirit. Too bad.
In a word, yes. Let me tell you what you were supposed to do. When you should have responded was the first time she hit you. As far as what to do, you have two choices.

1. Call police if you think they will actually do anything. This is not the choice I personally prefer, but politically correct, civilized, and safer. Just be aware that the police probably won't believe that she hit you first. They will, however, believe you hit her first if that is what the girl says. The responding police are more likely to be male, and men always skew reality to make women look more innocent than they really are. Women do not suffer from this problem.

2. Smack her hard, one time, with an open hand, not him; her, the one who actually did the hitting and kicking. If she tries to fight further, grab her wrists and restrain her, you only need to let her (and the woman you came with) know that you will respond with force when it is called for. You do not need to prove that you can beat a woman. If her boyfriend jumps in, (and he will even though his girl is clearly wrong) beat the brakes off his butt. Two-meter blocks of muscle can get whipped just like anybody else. If you lose the fight, don't sweat it; you win some you lose some. So long as you don't show fear, which you did this time by the way, you gain the respect of everyone involved.

Please don't read any insult into this. I am saying this with the love of a father talking to his ONLY SON, and mean no disrespect, I know I am not your father. This is simply a matter of knowing what to do versus not knowing what to do. I want you to learn better. What you did, which is to let someone attack you and your date because you were afraid of repercussions, is completely unacceptable. You lost respect from everyone who was there, everyone who heard the story, and everyone who read that post. The won't say it to your face, they may deny it if you ask, but truth is they see you differently. This includes the girl you came with.
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:39 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Heh. Interesting. Now, where to start?
quote:
Originally posted by Darrius Cole
Call police if you think they will actually do anything.

Like hell I will! I wont ruin the party for everyone.

I'll tell you why didn't I or the people I came with attack her.
I myself wasn't hit that much because I managed to block most hits and then she stopped - was stopped actually, by her own boyfriend. I am here to party and I'm not going to engage in some silly fight - her guy stopped her so it's okay, no force response necessary. Nobody said sorry but I can accept that. Though, when my friend was caught totally by surprise and kicked in the face our pack got quite angry. Sure we wanted revenge but - let me explain something to you. It was a heavy metal concert in that club - do you imagine what would happen if a serious fight between more than two people had started? I mean, c'mon. I call this reason, not fear. And did I mention it was an invitation-only party? We would have trouble not only with that mad girls' boyfriend but with the people that invited them. Not my idea of fun really. Do you see now? I am sorry if my previous post about this wasn't precise enough.
quote:
and the woman you came with

Where did I say that I came with a "she"? I don't have a girlfriend so I don't worry about such things.
quote:
You lost respect from everyone who was there, everyone who heard the story, and everyone who read that post

You think so?
quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
Most people who like heavy metal are just ordinary people, but sadly, as you found out, it also attracts pyschotic As&@#$es & B*@$!%^s

Heh, I already knew that. Some pushing was expected but not like that.
Wait a minute - hey, are you implying that I....?
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:49 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally by Krzychu
- her guy stopped her so it's okay, no force response necessary.
Absolutely correct! I understand better now, and I feel better, too. You left that part out earlier, it makes a huge difference. If she was already being restrained by her boyfriend, then you played it perfectly.

I like to give my positive criticism the same emphasis that I give to my negative criticism.
Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:04 pm
Ortchel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Anime and Quentin Tarantino.
Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:44 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Here's a new one for the list: When people say "It's always in the last place you look". Of course it is! Why would you keep looking after you've found it?
Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:05 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Lighters that don't work, then when they do work the wind instantly blows out the flame
Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:58 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

That's why I use these little beauties. I can always start up a campfire or barbeque with one of these butane torches.

Post Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:29 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

That reminds me, I might have to get out my old propane blow torch from my plumbing days, that might be overkill for lighting cigarettes though.
Post Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:28 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Got a new one for the list.

People who cycle through every ring tone on their cell phone (several times, at a very loud volume) in a public place! Isn't there a better time when they can pick a different ring for their phone? Perhaps when they're alone.
Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:52 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

This has only been a problem in Japan, but

People light a cig and start smoking when you are RIGHT BEHIND THEM. They know the streets are crowded, they know that people are walking around, yet they start smoking and blowing that smoke when you can't get past.

Next, pretty much anybody who I've seen on online games. They always go after the new guy, and thus, end my game within five seconds EACH AND EVERY time I start to play. As such, I now completely and totally hate online games. Loner all the way.
Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:56 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

New problem! Female janitors in the MALE washroom...while there are men inside! Really, really uncomfortable.
And, the public baths. *shiver*
Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:04 am
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

quote:

2. Smack her hard, one time, with an open hand, not him; her, the one who actually did the hitting and kicking. If she tries to fight further, grab her wrists and restrain her, you only need to let her (and the woman you came with) know that you will respond with force when it is called for. You do not need to prove that you can beat a woman. If her boyfriend jumps in, (and he will even though his girl is clearly wrong) beat the brakes off his butt. Two-meter blocks of muscle can get whipped just like anybody else. If you lose the fight, don't sweat it; you win some you lose some. So long as you don't show fear, which you did this time by the way, you gain the respect of everyone involved.

OK just to Hijack this thread a little further this is not what you should do. If you do this you commit a criminal offence. There is no claim of self-defence here as you are doing it in retaliation rather than to prevent further attacks. Two wrongs do not make a right. Option 1: Call the police is better or if you "Don't want to ruin everyone's fun" then forget about it or talk to her boyfriend. Sorry for the delayed reaction but I only just read this post.

Anyway one new thing to add to the list - people who drive so close to the back of your car they are almost in your back seat. Half the time it makes me drive more slowly because if we are driving quickly and I have to stop suddenly they they will be joining me in my front seat
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:58 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next