Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The next Fallout is not a Fallout at all !
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Fallout

Author Thread
Cryptor69
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The next Fallout is not a Fallout at all !

Who says there will be no more Fallout games, look at this http://www.metalheart.ru/screenshots.html

http://www.akella.com/pub-metalheart-en.shtml
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:48 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Based on the press sheets and the graphics and promises Metalheart doesn't look bad, no. I'm always wary of Akella though.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:48 pm
goblin i karry
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think Metalhart looks cool and i am looking forward to playing it
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:40 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

FO3 is already being made, well they are hiring the staff for the project, the makers of Morrowind, Virandi? entertainment brought the rights for Fallout 3, and for another $1mil they can have the rights for a Fallout 4 and 5 and they also have the rights for a fallout MMORPG.

edit: ops wrong company its bethesda, heres the quote from IPLYs quarterly report

quote:
Interplay sold to Bethesda Softworks LLC, "Bethesda" the rights to develop FALLOUT 3 on all platforms for $1.175 million minimum guaranteed advance against royalties. Bethesda also has an option to develop two sequels, FALLOUT 4, and FALLOUT 5 for $1.0 million minimum guaranteed advance against royalties per sequel. Interplay retained the rights to develop a massively multiplayer online game ("MMORPG") using the Fallout Trademark.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:34 am
vesselle
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i'm glad bethesda's got the rights. i love their games, and they're old school fallout freaks, so i trust 'em to do a great sequel in the franchise.

my biggest hope, however, is that interplay uses that money to pay all their employees (not the big wig CEO's, who've curiously seem to be maintaining their lifestyles), who've been holding IOU's for well over 8 months worth of back pay.

V***V
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:52 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by vesselle
i'm glad bethesda's got the rights. i love their games, and they're old school fallout freaks, so i trust 'em to do a great sequel in the franchise.

my biggest hope, however, is that interplay uses that money to pay all their employees (not the big wig CEO's, who've curiously seem to be maintaining their lifestyles), who've been holding IOU's for well over 8 months worth of back pay.

V***V

Not to go off topic but weren't you on the Arcanum boards?
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:23 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Bethesda have not indicated at all if they are going to remain true to the franchise. They don't even make games remotely like it and a first person, real time combat FO will suck. We could very well end up with another FOBOS.

I'll be waiting until I've either seen it with my own eyes or someone I know well enough has. I'll not be listening to bought for magazine previews of course.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:18 am
Naked_Lunch
Village Leader
Village Leader

Meatlheart is NOT going to be the next fallout. It's a realt-time diablo clone. Not a turn-based fallout clone.

About Bethesda, all i can say about it is they've said they wanted to make it like a survival horror game...
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:11 pm
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

If that is true then I weep for the future of humanity.
Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:11 am
Naked_Lunch
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Fez
If that is true then I weep for the future of humanity.

I started doing that after BOS
Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:03 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

quote:
Originally posted by Naked_Lunch
Meatlheart is NOT going to be the next fallout. It's a realt-time diablo clone. Not a turn-based fallout clone.

About Bethesda, all i can say about it is they've said they wanted to make it like a survival horror game...

I'm sure it's likely Metalheart won't be the next Fallout but it is turn-based. Where did you get the idea it's a Diablo clone?
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:18 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

There was the leak a while back. That gave a lot of people an ida what to expect. We'll see in the (decent) reviews how it is. I'm not holding my breath though, most games that have invoked Fallout as inspiration have been crap.
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:47 am
Naked_Lunch
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
quote:
Originally posted by Naked_Lunch

I'm sure it's likely Metalheart won't be the next Fallout but it is turn-based. Where did you get the idea it's a Diablo clone?

Not only the leak but from PC Gamer's preview about it that simply said "If Diablo was set in the far-future of Fallout, then Blizzard could sue for copyright infringement".
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:39 pm
Dhruin

quote:
Originally posted by Fez
There was the leak a while back. That gave a lot of people an ida what to expect. We'll see in the (decent) reviews how it is. I'm not holding my breath though, most games that have invoked Fallout as inspiration have been crap.

Yes, there was a leaked demo...and it's turn-based. So how do we get from a demo that's turn-based -- just like Akella claims -- to it being a Diablo clone?

@Naked_Lunch, perhaps PC Gamer confused it with Restricted Area...it certainly doesn't say much for their journalism, either way.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:43 am
Naked_Lunch
Village Leader
Village Leader

Damn, you right. Sorry.
Either way, you can't even pick your own dialouge options in Metalheart. 'Nuff said.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:51 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next