Project Ego
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

Project Ego

Does anyone know if this is going to be an MMORPG. I've heard rumors about it. By the way it is an Xbox only game. If it is, I can't wait.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:33 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh yea, does anyone know when this anticipating game is going to be released? Sorry I didn't post it last time.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:52 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

There is very little information about this game. I could found this:

"Project Ego (tentative title) is the one of the first RPGs for the Xbox, and it promises a non-linear, highly interactive experience. The game will follow the main character over the course of his entire life, whichever path it may take."

No mention if it is a MMORPG or not. But somehow, I feel that it won't be MMO. We'll see.
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:09 am
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Last year at Morrowind's official forums, people used to always show up to compair MW with this game. I'm fairly certain it is not MM nor O and only for the XBox.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:59 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

In Xbox magazine issue #8 on page 17 it specifically says what games have been confirmed for Xbox Live and Project Ego, along with many others, are on this page. In other forums people are talking about it being online also. Maybe we will find out in the near future.
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:24 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Well, there is a huge difference between just online and Massively Multiplayer Online games.

Diablo I was mostly played online but only 4 persons could play it together. MMO games support thousands of players in a *persistent* world. Meaning that the world will not decay/die/reset even if all players log off.
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:32 pm
Myrthos
Spoiler of All Fun
Spoiler of All Fun

From the Faq at the only fansite I could find on Project Ego:

"Well, it's main focus is on single player. There may be multi-player aspects but don't expect a full feast as with other games like Unreal Tournament or Halo. Basically the aim of Project Ego is to give you the most immersive single player game possible. This is definitely not a MMORPG."

There's the answer and here's the FAQ.
...you won't have to unbookmark this site, we'll unbookmark you. - Val
Reports Myrthos for making me scared and humbled at the mere sight of his name - kayla
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:42 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

I guess that answers my question, thanks. It still has a chance for it to be online. It's still gonna be a great rpg though.
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Since it was proven that this game is far from MMORPG I'll move this thread to CRPG forum.

I checked all the game information that I could found and I think this will be quite a wonderful single player RPG for XBox. Too bad it is just for XBox :/
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:09 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

This game is gonna make you guys drool!! Did u guys find anything out about the reelase date??
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:07 pm
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by The Omen
This game is gonna make you guys drool!! Did u guys find anything out about the reelase date??

Yeah, tell me about it. While in college the past semester, I decided I was going to buy either a X-box or a new computer - I choose the new computer Anyway, before I made that decision, I bought a lot of the official X-box mags to scope out RPGs that were coming out. Project Ego's preview caught my eye right away.[as did Morrowind's] In Project Ego, your character's appearance changes in the game. If you engage in combat a lot, you'll notice your characters muscle build start to develop. You can also shave and get tats during the game. Very intriguing. They also promise non-stat character development like Gothic. Great graphics too, a very dark and gloomy atmosphere. As for a release, the official X-box mag said 4th quater 2002 or early 2003. Kinda makes me wish I bought an X-box.... but most of the RPGs coming out for it are also on PC. ...and PC has WAY more RPGs to choose from. That said, I really hope Project Ego ports over, since X-box programs are the easiest to port.

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:19 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Kinda makes me wish I bought an X-box.... but most of the RPGs coming out for it are also on PC. ...and PC has WAY more RPGs to choose from. That said, I really hope Project Ego ports over, since X-box programs are the easiest to port.

Well, I don't think that this is gonna happen because Peter Molynoux(sp?) said, over and over, it was gonna be an Xbox only game. Plus he said it was gonna play like a console game and not a PC game. So I don't think your gonna get it on PC. Maybe you can save up and get an Xbox.
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:59 am
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
quote:
Kinda makes me wish I bought an X-box.... but most of the RPGs coming out for it are also on PC. ...and PC has WAY more RPGs to choose from. That said, I really hope Project Ego ports over, since X-box programs are the easiest to port.

Well, I don't think that this is gonna happen because Peter Molynoux(sp?) said, over and over, it was gonna be an Xbox only game. Plus he said it was gonna play like a console game and not a PC game. So I don't think your gonna get it on PC. Maybe you can save up and get an Xbox.

Well, hopefully it'll make its way over to the PC. I have enough money to buy an X-box, but I couldn't justify paying $200 to play one game[$250 actually]. I can buy Gothic 2, Lionheart, and Icewind Dale II with that money. However, it's refreshing to see the RPG genre is being reborn on consoles. The lack of good RPGs for consoles was one of the reasons I converted to a PC gamer.

Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:34 am
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

[quote]Well, hopefully it'll make its way over to the PC. I have enough money to buy an X-box, but I couldn't justify paying $200 to play one game[$250 actually]. I can buy Gothic 2, Lionheart, and Icewind Dale II with that money. However, it's refreshing to see the RPG genre is being reborn on consoles. The lack of good RPGs for consoles was one of the reasons I converted to a PC gamer.[/quote

Your right it isnt worth it for one game. I'm saving up for a good PC so I can play all these awesome games too. Good thying I'll get to play Project Ego.
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:08 am
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Your right it isnt worth it for one game. I'm saving up for a good PC so I can play all these awesome games too. Good thying I'll get to play Project Ego.

Have fun playing Project Ego, hopefully it'll live up to the hype. BTW, Star Wars: KoTOR and Dark Alliance are going to be on X-box as well...and I've heard talk that Gothic I may port over. So X-box seems pretty solid in the RPG line-up.

Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:17 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next