Promising new RPGs?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
heavensblade
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Promising new RPGs?

G'Day all, this is my first post and i just wanted to say hi and ask everyone what RPG everyone is looking forward to?

Personally, I waiting for the new Vampire the Masquerade game, can't remember its title off the top of my head tho.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:25 pm
Larinson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

For me it's got to be Knights of the Old Republic. I keep reading the X-box reviews and start shaking! It sounds phenomenal. I REALLY can't wait to get my hands on it. After that it's got to be Lionheart. Or should that be BEFORE that, as Lionheart should be with us very soon! I am fortunate enough to be taking a trip to the US in a weeks time so can pick it up there before it comes on sale over here in the UK! Apart from that I'm just waiting for the announcement of Baldurs Gate 3. Which of course will never happen. Just imagine it though, Baldurs Gate 2 was about twice the size of Baldurs Gate, if we follow that pattern, BG3 would probably be about 400 hours long .

Seriously though, I'd love to see another Forgotten Realms game by Black Isle. Not a huge fane of Neverwinter Nights
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:41 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

1. Grayhawk: Temple of Elemental Evil
2. Knights of the Old Republic
3. Lionheart

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:46 pm
heavensblade
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

BG3? That would be awesome if Bioware were to make another BG title but i guess that's never gonna happen. Another Planescape game would also be cool since PS:T was my favourite CRPG of all time. On KOTOR, i havent seen it in stores here in Australia yet but as soon as it does, my XBOX will be taken out of storage.

Oh, BTW, the title of the new Vampire game is Bloodlines.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:00 pm
Larinson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am faithfully, and stoically refusing to play KOTOR on the X-Box, and waiting so I can experience it on the glory of the PC! Of course the fact that I don't have an X-box does affect the decision somewhat .

If BG3 was announced I would probably suffer many severe spasms of pleasure! To be honest though I don't see it happening. Perhaps they might do a Forgotten Realms game that features cameos from some of the characters in BG or something like that. I always thought about the possibility of a sequel to PS:T, but I don't really think that you could have one, i think due to the ending and the fact that you've found out about yourself. Having said that, I can't actually remember the ending that's why I'm replaying it . But I'd love a new Forgotten Realms game in the style of BG2.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:29 pm
Desdicado
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I WOULD be looking forward to TOEE, but sadly my PC is just not up to the job.

So, it's KOTOR on the Xbox and Devil Whiskey on the PC

Possibly Golden Land too?.

What has happened to all the good sinlge person RPGs recently?. The last really rockin' game was Morrowind, again on the XBox coz my PC ain't that great.
On the PC I'm playing Baldurs Gate 2 (again!).
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:36 pm
Dwango
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

A Storm is a'comin Soon

It definitely has been a dry year for RPGs. I think the last decent RPG to be released on the PC here in the states was Arx Fatalis (nevermind Mistmare or Harbinger). Of course, I'm sure most of the Europeans (and impatient US) members are enjoying thier copies of Gothic 2 (and the hot weather to give you an excuse to stay in, as I understand their is a heat wave on the continent). But, hopefully, knock on wood, cross your fingers, etc... This fall will bring a nice storm of games including all the games already mentioned, especially ToEE.

The end of the drought should last well into next year as we should be getting RiftRunner, which looks like DivDiv's version of Planescape. Also there is Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3, should be winners from Ion Storm. Finally there is Spiderweb's Avernum 2, for all those purists out there.

For now, I'm content to finish up all those games I didn't finish from last year's deluge (Morrowind, NWN, Gothic, DivDiv, Arx, etc). I'll bet by the end of the year, we'll be hearing compaints about too many games and too little time or money.

-Dwango
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:34 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

I'm praying to Innos that Die Nacht Das Raben is released in English. Apart from that I'm not realy looking forard to anything at the moment.

YES!! My 500th post!!

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:54 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Every time somebody mentions ToEE I’m giggling like little girl, besides that I will definitely try bunch of games already stated above. Anyway I will give a try to: Inquisitor (I hope it will find publisher here), Commandos 3 (I know its not an RPG, but I liked the previous installments), Goldenland (its TB so mast have it), Sacred (seems big world to explore), Riftrunner (comment unnecessary), Deus Ex 2 (this one to my knowledge slipped for next spring), KotOR (Duh), Lionheart (already preordered).

These are from top of my head the actual list much longer.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:23 pm
Larinson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

what's so exciting about ToEE? I haven't heard much about it to be honest.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:36 pm
Dinzy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Larinson
what's so exciting about ToEE? I haven't heard much about it to be honest.

For one it's developed by Troika. Troika is a developer formed form the Fallout team and are responsible for Arcanum. Their track record alone makes this game high on my list.

Lionheart is next week so all my attention wil go there until fall. Then it all come down to what is released and when I have time to game. KotOR will take priority over the other games primarily because it is Star Wars based which makes for an interesting RPG. Next come ToEE and then Riftrunner mainly due to their order of release. I think ToEE may be out the erliest but I am not sure. All of these games are looking to be great. I will also keep an eye on Restricted Area and Golden Land. If Deus EX 2 was coming out this year I would have this as my most anticipated game but I don't think that is the case any more. I think there are too many games coming so I almost hope some of the lesser known titles end up sucking in terms of quality rather than sucking up all my time.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:22 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I'd have to echo most of these. In no particular order...

-Lionheart
-ToEE
-Deus Ex: Invisible War
-Vampire: Bloodlines
-Riftrunner
-Goldenland
-Restricted Area
-KotOR

And Fallout 3/Van Buren when it gets announced. The great thing is there's more than enought titles to fill the rest of this year: Lionheart is shipping and ToEE, Riftrunner and RA should make it. Throw in Deus Ex 2 and Half Life 2 and that's a pretty busy schedule.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:38 pm
heavensblade
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just had a look at some of the titles that have been listed here and after seeing the TOEE site, i am impressed. Im a bit concerned that its 3rd edition DnD (was very disapointed with PoR and NWN) but seeing as Troika are making it, i sure its gonna be very cool. On a related topic, does anyone know a site where i can read a bit about the Greyhawk world....the TOEE site doesnt provide that much info.

Cheers.
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:12 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

quote:
Originally posted by heavensblade
Im a bit concerned that its 3rd edition DnD (was very disapointed with PoR and NWN). Cheers.

What's wrong with 3rd ed. in NWN? As for me it is the most acurate representation of 3rd ed. rules on the PC. I agree, however, that PoR is not a very good game. On other hand, PoR lacks in character generation/interaction, but still offers quite accurate turn-based D&D battles... if only they were not so darn long...

quote:
Originally posted by heavensblade
On a related topic, does anyone know a site where i can read a bit about the Greyhawk world....the TOEE site doesnt provide that much info.

From the top of my head - try these ones. You can also search Wizards site (www.wizards.com) and their forums.

http://www.thepale.org/grodog/greyhawk.html
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/5878/
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/8572/

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:14 am
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

I can't wait until:
-Lionheart
-ToEE
-Vampire: Bloodlines
-Riftrunner
-Goldenland
-Majesty 2

I agree with stanthony. NWN may not have been the best game of all time, but I found it very enjoyable and play a game every Sunday with the wonderful Val as the Dungeon Master.

I love D&D and I love the Black Isle games. I will not hear them spoken ill off. Don't make the kitty angry.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:17 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next