DAMN you Gothic!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
SuicidesBySteve
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

DAMN you Gothic!

Must you force me to cheat!! Nobody seems to have the answer to why my character inexplicably has no access to Str or Dex increases anymore! I've seen some saying that it depends on the level that some can train you to, to well... actually that's it! Everyone who decided to train me in the warrior arts no longer will since I became a Mage (I WAS a Guard, then switched to Mage- just a test mind you, but now too far to go back), now this sounds obvious (moving from Fighter to Mage), but according to most other forum boards, I'm the only one with the problem apparently- I haven't directly asked anybody yet, mind you.
Anyway, I am now in the Orchish (Sleeper) Temple with a pitifully low score of 54 in Str and 38 or so in Dex... I haven't had the chance to upgrade since the beginning of chapter 4 or so... I can STILL upgrade weapons (even as a mage), but nobody seems to want to train me in physical attributes- I simply have no OPTION from the NPC's to do so. What gives? Did I break the game somewhere? The Fanatical Templars are giving me a real headache!!

Also, from what I have gleaned from the online boards is that it is REALLY hard to get into warrior and mage classes at the same time... So, I guess, what I'm looking for is... Is this the case? Are the two exclusive from each other? Can you no longer increase Str or Dex if you follow the more esoteric followings of the mage? Seems silly to me in the way the game is set up if this is the case (think Deus Ex or System Shock), since I earned the XP so I should be able to distribute it the way I see fit. Any clues?
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:53 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm well if u tryed to talk with everyone and no one teaches u dex or strenght well then i think u need to increase more ur magic powers like mana and go have some headackes in the temple theres nothing more to do i think only mayb to restore ur old save games
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:25 pm
chozometroid
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

umm

Shouldn't Diego provide that option no matter what?(like the last chapter)
I'm sure you tried, but just a suggestion.

Also, if he doesn't help, have you learned the Level 6 Magic Circle from Xardas? If you continue to increase your mana, the Wave of Death rune should make you forget about your lack of strength....somewhat.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:30 pm