Tribunal and Bloodmoon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Basic'er
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Tribunal and Bloodmoon

I just recieved The Game of the Year edition of Morrowind for Christmas. It includes two esp's that I'm not sure whether i should install or not. It says in the Addendum that these extras are meant for higher level players but it also says that tribunal starts the first time you rest. I'm wondering, if I install these other two plugins, will they ruin my newbie expierience and force me into quests I'm not ready for?
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:17 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome to RPGDot!

The first quest in Tribunal can be annoying if you're ill-equipped to deal with it, but if you follow the instructions it will soon go away.

Without giving anything away, something will happen (which you're likely to be able to deal with at first), then you'll need to follow the instructions in your journal, and once you have "gone somewhere else" you can safely return to where you were and forget about it until later. You don't need to do anything in this "somewhere else", just going there is enough to stop the thing that happened happening again.

Bloodmoon will not interfere with your game at all - it adds the island of Solstheim which you will need to travel to before anything happens.

I personally think it's worth installing them both, and dealing with the Tribunal thing as soon as possible. Both expansions add useful stuff to the game that any level can experience and take advantage of.
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:44 pm
Basic'er
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So, I can talk to the guard and just get the first quest done and over with as a level one newbie? Sorry, i found your reply kinda evasive in the whole trying not to spoil anything. Feel free to spoil a little, but not much.
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:00 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Well.....

1-They are ESMs, not ESPs.
2-Tribunal should be started immediately, because it supports a low-level player. Eg: I got the three of them the first time I bought Morrowend, and was quite impressed by the assasins.
3-Bloodmoon doesn't have anything against low-level chars, but (*IMPORTANT*) you are likely to not get ALL quests that are triggered with "latest rumors", as most of the times they are overriden by Solstheim rumors. I think a plugin have been made for it.

Edit: Somemods need them, so it's recommended to keep theminstalled all the time.
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:29 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Okay, moved to spoilers.

You'll be attacked, but the first attack at level one will be quite weak - you should be able to defeat it with no problems. You'll get a journal entry telling you to talk to a guard about it, which will lead you to a new character which leads you to another new character, who will transport you to Mournhold where you should talk to another guard (a Royal Guard or a High Ordinator). At this point the attacks will stop, so you can return to life in Vvardenfell with no more problems.

This is only the very beginning of this quest, which is well worth starting up again once you're picked up a few levels.

However, you can still travel to and from Mournhold to use their shops etc, and there are a few quests around the place that can be handled at low levels.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:34 pm
Basic'er
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

From what i read from the manual, they are ESP's (Elder Scrolls Plugins) and thank you both for your help. I appreciate it.
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:11 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Technically they are ESMs(Their extension is ESM), but they work like plugs.
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:19 am