Umbra Sword
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Kaos503
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Umbra Sword

I don't know if this has been posted before, I couldn't find it, so ehre goes. Its a 2 handed sword called the Umbra Sword, I got by killing a guy called Umbra. and it is an amazing sword. Heres it stats:

Umbra Sword
2 Handed Long Blade
10-50 Chop damage
10-45 Slash damage
10-40 Thrust damage.
????/6500 Condition
Weight 4.0
Value 110000 (!!)
Soultrap 120 secs on Target

Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:25 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I have the sword also and keep it just to get Golden Saints in my Grand Soul Gems so I can enchant whatever. I prefer the Deadric Claymore over Umbra however.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:07 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Thanks for posting the location! I have known about this sword, and that it was somewhere near Suran, but not exactly where. Is the Umbra Orc hard to kill?
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:29 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes, the sword hurts you pretty bad.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:35 pm
Spawnster
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i got the sword after killing umbra when i was about lev 6 with my redguard warrior and man, it was really a tough fight. i died a few times but in the end i manage to beat him....no cheating.

here's what i did....drunk a few potions to beef up my strength to 199, summon a skeleton and a scamp to distract him, paralyze him with a magic ring then smash like hell....hehe...run away when nearly dead....drink health potion and repeat.... tough but memorable.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:12 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I could not even get him down when my character was imortal! (Just tested)...
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:49 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

One Tough Orc

Yeah he is quite tough. Even with maxed out Speed and Athetics I couldn't escape him very easily. Thanks to my maxed out Acrobatics and Strength I was able to jump on a rock and shoot fireballs down at him until my i ran out of Mana and had to fight him face to face....and he still kicked me ass atleast 2 times before I was able to take him down on my third try.

At the time I was equiped with Dragonscale and Bonemold armor and a shiny Silver Longsword. He had nice Orc Armor...NO I did not strip him and use his armor for myself. I respected the guy too much and left him there not nude, but with his clothing and armor - I like to roleplay
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:56 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

I haven't fought him yet, sounds tough though.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:50 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

All the following skills are in the 80's to 100's......short blades, light armor, and alchemy. I used those skills to beat him. I had a ton of good home made healing potions on me and used them whenever my health got down to half way.......I used a ebony short sword to attack him with....and was wearing mostly glass armor except for the legs. And to top it off I cast the spell third barrier on myself. With all that I was able to take him after a long bit of hacking at him. A jink sword isn't needed but it helps a little.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:52 am
[= D3m0n C0mm4nd0 =]
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Where is it?
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:15 am
Wrothgarr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

in the mountains north-east of suran
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:27 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I used my "Dragonskin" power at the beginning and wailed on him for a while (advantage to being a Breton), then levitated to the top of a nearby rock where he couldn't reach me. I then summoned a skeleton to keep him occupied and cast a scroll that gave him weakness to fire and fire damage (can't remember the name of the scroll), then I started blasting him with fireballs. He finally went down and I claimed the Umbra sword and his Orcish Armor! (I know he would have wanted me to have it)

PS- I think I was about level 19 when I did this.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:15 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I was a about L20 when I found him, with a Redguard fighter type. I used the adrenline rush and just wailed on him. As I recall, it was really close as to who would die first. I can't recall if I did any in battle healing ... I don't think it was possible. I killed him with enough time to cast a few healing spells to cover for the Adrenelin rush wearing off.

I was dressed in dwarven armor and had a Daedric Katana enchanted to do something like 30-70 of frost damage. It was a quick and very, very bloody fight! I was lucky not to lose, as it had been quite some time since my last save so I remember the fight really, really well. I wasn't expecting a major challenge in that part of the word!!
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:53 pm