Usergroups
Alot of things could go wrong in G3
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yeah I'm sick of being the "chosen one" in games. And I don't like it when the whole plot and my main task is spelled out right at the beginning. Well, sometimes it's appropriate like Fallout 2, but I prefer Gothic 1 where you're just a guy, and you don't know what you will ultimately end up doing.
Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:19 am
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Uh-oh. I had a look at an in-game video on worldofgothic and I have a problem with the character. He looks goofy. He runs with his arms down by his side like some kind of spastic robot. And I think he's got a mustache. That can't be the final model and animation they're using. It can't be!
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:50 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Phil5000
Uh-oh. I had a look at an in-game video on worldofgothic and I have a problem with the character. He looks goofy. He runs with his arms down by his side like some kind of spastic robot. And I think he's got a mustache. That can't be the final model and animation they're using. It can't be!

Ever heard of the term "pre-alpha" and "screens from May 2005"

First of all the looks of the nameless hero aren't shown yet, the character is probably not even done yet. The character you saw is just some demo-character for the pre-alpha version PB showed on the Games Convention in Leipzig in May 2005.
Second of all the screens show the current state of the game at that moment, in other words of May 2005. In the "Ask the developers"-thread @ JoWooD PB already said that they improved the game a lot since that time.
Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:14 am
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I actully like the graphics they used so far, but I don't really care as long as it's immersive, like in gothic 1 I got lost in the woods( hey a map is 250 ore)
I do like the controls, I think they are at least part of the reason the gothic series is loved by me, also I loved the journal, please PB if you are watching this don't change the scribbling sound.
Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:16 pm
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:
Originally posted by Phil5000

Ever heard of the term "pre-alpha" and "screens from May 2005"

First of all the looks of the nameless hero aren't shown yet, the character is probably not even done yet. The character you saw is just some demo-character for the pre-alpha version PB showed on the Games Convention in Leipzig in May 2005.
Second of all the screens show the current state of the game at that moment, in other words of May 2005. In the "Ask the developers"-thread @ JoWooD PB already said that they improved the game a lot since that time.

No need to sound so snotty.
Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:50 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Sorry about that, there have just been a lot of others reacting in the same way without checking how old those screens are.
Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:28 am
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
Sorry about that, there have just been a lot of others reacting in the same way without checking how old those screens are.

Ah well that's good to hear. I don't know anything about the development side of games so I didn't know if things like that are changed over time.
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:50 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I think the game will be just fine...no matter how it turns out. I loved the first two...so why should this one be anything less? But I wish I could get a release date so I know how long I have to finish my new Gothic computer..

Jaz...I see you finally finished smoking that damn cigarette

Sylvio
Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:52 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2