Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
For thoes who have the full version........
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

For thoes who have the full version........

Has any of you seen a dragon yet?

that would be cool
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:30 am
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

No not yet, but I have seen a dragonette-like thingy. Some sort of mix between a dragon and a snapper. Suffice it to say that it's creepy and... it bites.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:40 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Perhaps someone with the full version can inform us of whether the Paladin can learn higher level circles of magic and use high level runes? I'm really curious.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:37 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

I don't know. I'm like level gazillion but still militia. Well, that didn't help, now did it?
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:36 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I saw and killed one Dragon so far, mainly with bolts. It had a personal name I forgot, but it was the swamp dragon. The small critters are dragon snappers.

I'm a Paladin bt all runes I have are low level. I don't think you can get circles of magic as a Paladin, but to be true, I never tried, so don't take my word for it. One of my runes uses just 5 points of mana but does 150 points of damage... and that's a first level rune I believe.
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:25 am
evilCKP
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Palas don't really advance at magic. They are rewarded with runes for quests they solve.
Pala magic is quite strong with healing and killing undead. In combination with best armor in the game makes them a very good class.
Post Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:10 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

More Questions

A couple more questions have come to mind. If anyone could answer them, I'd appreciate it.

1). I've heard that although you have to join one of the "Classes", you can still train at other things, but it costs you more, (EX: Paladin training Magic or Mage training fighting skills). Can anyone confirm this?

2). Does anyone know if the Dev's left a "Backdoor" for joining more than 1 Class as they did in G1? (If you remember, when it was time to become a Guard, you could talk to Thorus and tell him you wanted to be a Mage, talk to the Mage, then go back and talk to Thorus again and say you wanted to be a Guard. This would make you a Guard, but still let you become a Mage any time you wanted). Anything like that in G2?

3). We know from the Demo that you can pray at the Shrine of Innos to increase your Strenth and Life Energy. Are there any other shrines you can pray at to increase your Dexterity?

4). In the full version, is it possible to increase your running speed and the distance you jump? In G1, you could run/jump faster than just plain running to help you outdistance enemies. This does'nt seem to work in the G2 Demo. If anything, I think it slows you down more. (Hey, tell me you don't need all the help you can get when your low level character is running from an Orc!)

5). Just out of curiousity, is there a Fly/Levitate Scroll or Rune in the Full Version? I haven't heard any rumors or anything, but I've always thought it would be sooo cool to be able to Fly for like 60 seconds! (Imagine swooping down on an Orc Warrior, raining fireballs down on his head!) I was hoping that maybe they added one.

Anyway, if anyone with some decent progress through the Full version could answer any of these questions, I'd appreciate it. Also, I've heard that the Full Version runs much slower than the Demo. could anyone who's played both confirm if that's true?
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:02 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
I saw and killed one Dragon so far, mainly with bolts. It had a personal name I forgot, but it was the swamp dragon. The small critters are dragon snappers.

I'm a Paladin bt all runes I have are low level. I don't think you can get circles of magic as a Paladin, but to be true, I never tried, so don't take my word for it. One of my runes uses just 5 points of mana but does 150 points of damage... and that's a first level rune I believe.

was the dragon hard to kill?
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:35 am
Eternal Mage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic 2's magic

Can someone tell about the magic system in gothic 2? I was really dissapointed in de magic sytem of gothic, it just was impossible to get by with magic alone, even in the 6th circle. I hope they improved it and that it is possible to become a real strong wizard, someone you don't want to mes with
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:24 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Re: More Questions

quote:
Originally posted by TheCleric

3). We know from the Demo that you can pray at the Shrine of Innos to increase your Strenth and Life Energy. Are there any other shrines you can pray at to increase your Dexterity?

There are several Innos shrines, and when praying I received either strength, life or mana so far. No dex yet.

@Hoyp: The dragon was not very hard to kill although it did dish out some serious damage... but the last dragon was even easier prey, it just gawked at me while I peppered it with bolts until it died . It didn't manage to attack me once!

@Eternal Mage: Spells load instantly, no charging them, and some of them do some serious damage. So even I as a lowly paladin with measly mana managed to bomb my way through a horde of undead without drawing my sword once.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:04 pm
Eternal Mage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That sounds good Is it possible to get started with magic right away (magic training etc) ???
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:55 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

I'd say that packs of <anything> are the most nasty opponents. Skeletons in particular because they deal some fair damage, but even eetsy weetsy tiny bites will break your action/attack so in a worst case the hero may die trying to pull his sword to fight that swarm of bloodflies. :p

As for dragons, I have to agree that they are not much of a challenge. Having finished the game (and a ride it was!), I feel it's safe to say that no single opponent is. A bit of hit and run work will always do the trick, and now I'm not even talking about the waaaay overpowered paladin magic that will allow you to do about 3000 hp of damage without reloading mana.

Paladin is a very safe class for newbies, but I'm looking forward to playing a more challenging class. But first... sleep! I feel a bit hollow and there are strange voices in my head... :p
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:26 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

Was the ending good? (no spoilers please)
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:43 am
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

The ending is where Gothic 3 begins, so hell yes, it is good! It's... surprising. :p

I'm not too fond of evaluating a game I truly love because it takes the magic away and Gothic 2 has a lot of magic to account for. Suffice it to say that I think it's an excellent game (and HUGE at that), worth many times its price. The guys at PB (and JoWood) must have been working like dedicated monks to achieve this. It's "Gothic 2" alright, but a simple "2" does not cover it.
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:39 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

okeej at last the old daedalus finished the game also it was awesome i did all the subquest and in every chapter i exploredthe same land so that i could kill every single creature left somewhere behind woods and also some quest ppl found even. well the Finish was quiet surprising if u know what i mean

Altrough there were some things that i couldent open/do :

1)Oke there was a mission about Bospers Bow , anyone everr got it ? i explored all the places and found no clue of it
2)Also there was a Chest if u go from The City to Tawern u will find a place under the stone bridge where was killed some Man who had much gold well whatever there not too far is a little Cave in Rocks and there is a chest but i never got open it. searched for the key but nothing found
3)If U go to the Black Troll and go over the bridge forwart u get to a cave.There are two ways: one goes upper where u find some drinks and minecrawlers and down where u get to a strange hall with two Huge Paladin Statues and behind them is a Chest.It Requires also a key(never found )

and well thats all i think all other things opened and worked like hell
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:28 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next