Usergroups
what r u playing right NOW?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

It's all console gaming for me at the mo - my PC is setup in a rather cramped, gaming-unfriendly arrangement at the moment - I must rectify things, as I have a glut of new controllers to put through their paces (including a lovely new Nostromo n52 ). Need more desk space...

I'm playing Way Of The Samurai 2 on PS2, having just about wrung the life out of the prequel. It's better in a lot of ways, but seems to have less personality than the previous game. Plus, it now has full English voice-acting for all the main characters (the prequel was word-bubbles and the occasional sample)... and it's awful. Oh well.
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:37 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Blades of Avernum. It feels like playing an old Ultima again.
Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:22 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Ultima Underworld 1
Doom 3
Morrowind
Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:08 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Ultima Underworld 1
Doom 3
Morrowind

Is Ultima Underworld 2 next on the list hopefully? That was one of my all time favorite games.
Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:50 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I've been playing some MVP Baseball 2004. It's really a great game for anyone who likes baseball, as I do.
I've also been playing some Halo. I like how you can host an online game for free on Halo.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:44 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by The Hulk
Is Ultima Underworld 2 next on the list hopefully? That was one of my all time favorite games.

Yes, it's next on the list now that I have the XP patch, the UU games - especially No. 2 - were among my favorite CRPGs as well back when they came out. I'm trying to see if I still like them that much.
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:41 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Yes, it's next on the list now that I have the XP patch, the UU games - especially No. 2 - were among my favorite CRPGs as well back when they came out. I'm trying to see if I still like them that much.

XP patch?? You mean you can run those gems without the different emulators on XP, with sound and all? I just love the mood music/sounds in UU1-2.
link please!
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:02 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
quote:
Originally posted by The Hulk

Yea, I'd love to play these games again. I believe they are why I like Elder Scrolls, Wizardry, and Arx Fatalis so much. They were some of the first real rpgs I played.

Other than that I was at this party...and I suck at playing cards so I fired up the Xbox...dug through their games and found this one called "Midway Arcade Classics". I played Gauntlet till 6am. Only made it to level 52 though. That old arcade game still rocks today. I think it is why I love Diablo so much.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:43 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Elder Scrolls - Arena(It is free on the www.elderscrolls.com page)

System Shock 2 - Demo. I freaking love this game. Now I just need to find the real-deal. Love the hacking & psionics!!!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:25 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

@Michael C: I got it from Sir Cabirus' Underworld Site. The site is in German.
The patch makes both Underworld games compatible with XP - no emulators needed, no VMS sound needed (though it's on my HDD, anyway). You'll still have to fiddle with the mem settings, and some newer mainboards obviously don't do EMS by default (in these cases you'll have to change some BIOS settings).

@Kengo: The hacking in SS2 was so simple it was a lot of fun. I thought it was rather similar to the way they handled decking in the SNES version of Shadowrun (or was it the Genesis version? Don't remember, played both).
Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:52 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

KotOR - only this time from the dark side. Lotsa fun there, although some of the stuff is *really* evil. Xen was correct about that.
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:28 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

the beginning of dark side is the same as light, and that is... a bit hard to play again. but after you are a jedi... it's nice.

I just finished Gothic II again, this time as a magician. lvl 31. I killed the undead dragon with 3 hits
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:24 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

im playing SW Galaxies rigfht now and im writing this while i wait to regenerate
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:40 pm
Drac
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Personally, I mostly play Morrowind, and a little Transport Tycoon Deluxe; I mod for Morrowind, and very much enjoy the enhanced game; it makes spellcaster classes more playable, though giving them their own poroblems to deal with; a conjuror is a *difficult* roll to get ahead with. :}
Post Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:52 pm
Cryptor69
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

;)

I thought it might be intersting to update my post here. I recently played the following games :

Spellforce - hey, what a cool game ( mix of RPG & RTS ).

Dungeon Master - the very best dungeon hack and shash ever !!!! ( Last time I played it was about 15 years ago on an Atari ST ).

Republic : the Revolution - if you were really stubborn you could say it has some rpg elements This is one of very few games that in the past 10 years struck me as truly original and innovative - highly recommended !

Galactic Civilizations - what MoO3 should have been

I guess I'am going more for strategy then RPG these days, but that's due to the lack of quality RPG's for PC ( imho ) - that's one of the reasons why I'am re-playing Dungeon Master .

http://mkranc.7net.pl/content/category/8/42/116/.
Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:45 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 36, 37, 38  Next