FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Shadowbane (PC, MMORPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Baff

Personally, I truly hope that SB turns out to be PKer d00d Heaven. If they were to all play SB, that would mean that every other MMORPG would immediately be 500% better. Imagine a world were all the grief players were in SB, leaving the rest of us to enjoy all the other games. <br> <br>OK, so even I don't believe that will ever happen, but its still a nice thought.
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:12 pm

Ammon777

holy smokes you are right on Baff! here! <hands Baff a cuban cigar>
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:19 pm

Ammon777

*hands Baff a cuban cigar*
Post Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:19 pm

Brytac

GRief players/evil players. <br> <br>People playing evil characters is fine. Fools and immature peopel hiding behind 'im a pk' is getting REAL OLD on mmorpgs. <br> <br>Perosnally I would go a step furhter than making 'roleplay servers'. Id make a server for an agegroup of 16-18+. <br> <br>This would not be for the added gore or sexually explicit monsters of coutrse ;]....but to try cut down on all these kiddos that spoil games for the majority. <br> <br>Of course not all these 'DooDZ' are young....but a vast majority are and I think that would cewrtainly help on the anti 'LeeT' front.
Post Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:02 pm

shayme

Nice theory Baff. You've enlightened me, GOOO SHADOWBANE.
Post Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:01 am

preacher

I think SWG looks cool and so do SB but now the fact is SWG is future, SB is sort of now and when SWG come out ill have a look on that, but im mutch more a fantsy game man
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:29 am

preacher

"Comment posted by: Baff @ Thursday - July 25, 2002, 17:12 MST <br>Personally, I truly hope that SB turns out to be PKer d00d Heaven. If they were to all play SB, that would mean that every other MMORPG would immediately be 500% better. Imagine a world were all the grief players were in SB, leaving the rest of us to enjoy all the other games. " <br> <br>In that case we also win adn happy <br>
Post Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:33 am

snaw

I'll be playing them all and sticking with the one I like best. Arguing about which is best before they come out strikes me as truely pointless. <br>
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:50 pm

Ammon777

yeah, i was talking about graphics, not the gameplay. somehow i got into SB beta, and the game isnt so bad. yes the graphics are sub-par, but who cares. however when SWGs comes out, i will be throwing SB out the window of a tall tall building.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:04 pm

Ammon777

i take that back. i am gonna throw SB out the window right now. *toss* simply HORRID graphics. and i am talking from beta experience. THE TIME THAT GRAPHICS IN ROLE-PLAYING GAMES ARE SECONDARY IS OVER! WE WILL JUDGE YOU BY YOUR GRAPHICAL QUALITY, NOT ANY LONGER MERELY BY GAMEPLAY! -- hint hint
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 11:22 pm

Neverhero

What's that "hint hint" supposed to mean, Ammon?? I am planning on playing Shadowbane for its PvP element and hopefully roleplaying element, and I know the graphics are not the best. And I don't mind. How was the gameplay on that beta? I don't care about the graphics. What's your "hint hint" about? Please enlighten me. <br> <br>E-Mail: AbandonZero@hotmail.com
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:50 pm

Ammon77

It was a hint towards developers of future games to continue making better games and not using outdating graphic engines.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:02 pm

Kyrer Kaylin

Why do so many people equate PKing to Griefing? In a game that allows PvP, then PKing is just part of the game; if you don’t like that style of game then don’t play it, but I feel it is wrong to denigrate those who do.
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:15 pm

Stellerwinds

SB has hideous graphics. Its a joke. <br> <br>PKing and Griefing are two entirely different things. You can easily grief someone in a non-pk game if the game is designed poorly (blocking escapes, trains, kill steals)
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:20 pm

zlo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

SB just plain sux - there is nothing other then bashing monsters 24/7.
then you finally reach lvl 60, you understand that either your char is all gimped or your friends are too busy bashing mobs and cant go to have fun with you. accidental PVP is too laggy and short, there are no non- combat skills, you can own a city, which will produce only combat gear. the paradox is - this game was designed as a PK heaven, but 99% of the players just level their chars till 60 and then start a new char/reroll existing char
This game is just plain sux.... not to mention terrible lag in large scale battles - you can even take part in them if your computer will not freeze as soon as enemy charges
I have 2 months of SB experience, after which I sold my account and threw discs in the garbage...
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:55 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next