I Am New And I Need Help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
some psycho
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I Am New And I Need Help

I m new at playin Gothic (which in my opinion is the best RPG Game) and I need lots of help, or tips. First, is there a way to get experience points if you have none. I ask because i want to join the Old Camp and Diego says I need to go and see Fingers. Well i go and see him and i cant learn anything because i dont have any experience, and i dont really want to go and kill all those poor animal (I am an animal lover) I would much rather go running around the camp at night and attacking people. So wut should I do? Oh yea theres a guy in the old camp that asked me to buy a sword for him and he gave me 100 ore. Should I take off wit the money or should i just purchase the sword and keep it? Any info. will help me out. And if there are any new gamers like myself, feel free to write to me to talk about the game.
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:49 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

If you want experince then you need to complete quests and kill creatures.
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:53 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

You need to buy the sword and give it to the man. (wistler).
He will be inpressed and vote for you by diego.

Spoiler:
If you need ore, go to the smid and make some swords.
Press forward repidly to make more.
Or highlight something open your inventory and select item corresponding highlighted. Now it should double the item. Raw steel/iron with furnese.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:26 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

There's another bug you can exploit for ore also. Spoiler follows.

While you still have Whistler's ore go into one of the diggers hut's, (out of site of the guards!) when he attacks you let him win. He will steal half the ore you have. Take a healing potion when you get up. Beat up the digger and take his ore, he will have double the amount of ore that he stole from you. In other words, if he takes 50 ore from you then he will have 100 ore when you take it back from him. Just keep doing that until you have the amount of ore that you want. Your ore goes up very quickly this way.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:17 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

You need to kill the beasts in order to progress in the game. There are only a few quests you can complete without doing so. You shouldn't attack human units. Go to the link below and find my post. Read the post and you'll understand.

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11422

I have not provided step-by-step intructions on every quest. I don't want to give away too much! Here are some of the quests you can do without killing any beasts.

Old Camp:

You can complete Whistlers quest by purchasing the sword and bringing it back to Whistler. Be sure to let him know the price of the sword was 10 ore more than he originally gave to you. Otherwise you will not be reimbursed.

You can complete two quests by finding Nek. You need to talk to the cook to the left of the castle entrance first. He will send you out searching for five Hell Mushrooms and three meatbugs. The Hell Mushrooms you need to acquire are in the same area where you'll find Nek. It is possible for you to run out the south entrance of the Old Camp and quickly pick up 5 Hell Mushrooms and loot the Necklace from Nek's corpse without getting killed by the Scavengers or Molerats. You can find three meatbugs near the garbage on the castle wall. There are also two meatbugs on the path where you first started the game. If you're haveing trouble killing the meatbugs, try using your axe. Take the loot from the three meatbugs and the 5 Hell Mushrooms back to the cook. Along with some experience points, you'll also have the privilage of getting 3 daily portions of food. Take the necklace to the guard who asked for you to find Nek. That will result in the completion of another quest.

Talk to Thorus. He will ask you to get rid of Mordrag. Go to Mordrag and talk him into taking you to the New Camp. Save the game first. If you say the wrong thing you will be forced to fight him. You can complete the quest by killing him. However, you get more experience points if you do not kill him. He will also prove to be a convenient merchant later on in the game. Don't forget to talk to Thorus after returning to the Old Camp.

New Camp

There is a man standing on the dam. He will ask you to kill the Lurker that has been destroying the dam. Go find the Lurker on the other side of the river. Figure out a way to kill the Lurker. Go back to the man on the dam. Talk to him.

If you walk up the ramp through the fields a Thug names Lefty will stop you. He will tell you he needs someone to give the workers water. Agree to do his task. Hand out the water, then go back to Lefty. He will tell you that your new job is permanent. Save the game. Go talk to one of the harvesters to the left of the building where the Rice Lord lives. He will tell you about how he accidentally killed a man in a bar fight. You'll ask for him to teach you how to be stronger, but he will refuse at first. Note that by talking to the Rice Lord you can get as much water as you want. Water can replenish five life. Now you'll have to figure out how to get the named harvester to teach you to improve your strenth.

The Weed Merchant from the Sect. Camp located in the Bar in the New Camp is having trouble selling his weed. Talk to him. Now go to the other member of the Sect. Camp. He is located near the first hut on the left wall. Figure out how to complete his tasks, then return to the first weed merchant you talked to in the Bar. Figure out what to do next.

Sect. Camp

If you talk to Dusty in the Old Camp, he will tell you he wants out. Go to the Sect. Camp and talk to Marvin, then talk to Baal Tondral. Now figure out what to do next.

There is a quest where a certain person is working very hard while waiting for his replacement to come. Only problem is, his replacement is a lazy bum and needs to be taught a harsh lesson. Find the bum, beat him up. Make him go to work. Now go talk to the right person. Figure it out.

Find the rest yourself!!

Beasts only spawn once per chapter. Its very important that you kill every beast as possible in chapter one. The more experience you get in chapter one, the easier the rest of the game will be, peroid! In chapter one you can kill most beasts. The only beasts you can't kill in chapter one are the Razors, Rapters, Orcs, Mountain Trolls, Shadow Beasts, Zombies, and the Guardian. (Note that there may be a couple beasts I forgot to list here.)Killing everything else in the correct order, while investing your skill points in the right places, will get you a lot of experience. To kill some beasts you'll need to lure away one at a time. To kill some other beasts you'll need to use the hit & run strategy: 1) Hit once. 2) Run until the beast turns away. 3) Save Game. Now repeat steps 1-3 over until the beast is dead. You might even have to lure one away at a time and use the hit & run strategy.

The beasts may look cute, but try saying that to yourself when they've got chunks of your bleeding flesh in their mouth!

There are several ways of acquiring ore without any cheating or fighting. For example, making Crude Swords from Raw Steal is one of the most popular ways. It takes time, but at least you'll have a clear conscience when your done. Its important to remember, you may only sell a sword for half its value. If you make swords from anything other than Raw Steal, then you'll be losing ore. Making swords from Raw Steal is the only way to profit using this technique. The blacksmith will have five pieces of Raw Steal each time you talk to him. Just buy five at a time. One piece of Raw Steal costs 40 ore. The result is a Crude Sword with a value of 100 ore. Therefor, the Crude Sword will sell for 50 ore, leaving you with a profit of 10 ore. Each time you buy five pieces of Raw Steal, you should gain a profit of 50 ore.

I hope this helps. I tried not to give away too much information.
Post Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:32 am