11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

Author Thread
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
So... who do you think should be the next Bond? There are many 'Next-Bond-Rumors' around nowadays.

Some here have mentioned Hugh Jackman. I don't see him fitting the part. After X-Men 1 and 2, he'll always be Wolverine to me. He looks too rough for a suave, smart-talking Bond; he's the bad-boy heartthrob like James Dean, almost an anti-Bond.

No to Brad Pitt. He's been in some good movies, but doesn't have the charisma or other traits that make a good Bond.

No to Russel Crowe--many of the same problems as Jackman. Unlike Jackman, though, he has tremendous screen presence. In "Master and Commander" and "Gladiator," Russel Crowe carried them by force of personality as well as great acting. But he still looks like a rough-shaven barbarian, so...

With some daring-do, I recommend Jet Li. Bond needs to chop-socky his villains more. The classic punch and gun doesn't do it. Prepare for spinning kicks, piston punches, and elaborate wire-flying jumps.
Post Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:26 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I have to semi take back what I said about Hugh Jackman. I just watched his screen test on the X-men DVD and I have to say that the boy cleans up nice! Hose him down, shave his knuckles and neck and put him in a $2000.00 Sergei suit and they may be onto something there. It's just kind of difficult to see him in the role. Van Helsing really drove home the imagery of rugged abandon which is the polar opposite of what I imagine when I think of James Bond.

Heath Ledger would look the part 100 ways from Sunday--I just think he might be too young--same thing with Colin Farrell. I think Ewan McGregor has all the right pieces, he's a thirty-something heart poundingly talented actor with roguish good looks, who oozes charm like nobody's business, and wears a suit like a champ--dumm dadadadaaaaada da da da. Most of the actors in serious consideration just aren't good choices to me.

I disagree about Brad Pitt--not about the Bond role, I think that's ridiculous--but about his charisma. I think Mr. Pitt has more charisma than any man deserves or could ever need. I just think his type of looks limit him--Brad Pitt looks like a stripper to me and I can't shake the image. It doesn't matter what role I see him in--he always looks like someone you'd see dancing at a bachelorette or 21st birthday party.
Post Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:03 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Jennifer Connelly should be the next Bond.
Post Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:29 pm
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Gig
I disagree about Brad Pitt--not about the Bond role, I think that's ridiculous--but about his charisma. I think Mr. Pitt has more charisma than any man deserves or could ever need. I just think his type of looks limit him--Brad Pitt looks like a stripper to me and I can't shake the image. It doesn't matter what role I see him in--he always looks like someone you'd see dancing at a bachelorette or 21st birthday party.

Yes, now that I think of it, charisma probably does not describe what I really meant, which is the combination of elegance, refinement, chivalry, charm, etc. that the ideal Bond would have in one. I've never heard Brad Pitt described as a stripper before, but I can see how he might look the part. A disturbing image...for me at least.
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:50 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Yes, quite disturbing indeed. Brad Pitt is too American to play James Bond. His hair is the wrong color as well.
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:43 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Namirrha
...the combination of elegance, refinement, chivalry, charm, etc. that the ideal Bond would have in one.

I agree. I reckon Jennifer Connelly has more elegence, refinement and charm (ok, not sure about chivalry!) than any current male actor... there's just the trifling matter of creating a script in which Bond must undergo a sex-change to complete his mission, but how hard can that be?
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:17 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I heard someone mention on the news that the producers of James Bond films were fighting with Pierce Brosnan over the next movie. Apparently, he wants more money than they want to give him. I did not get to hear the whole story. Does anyone know what this is about? If so, please tell me what is going on?
Post Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:57 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Funny, I thought that it was confirmed that Brosnan is out of the Bond franchise. And that Jennifer Connelly has accepted the role. I could be wrong though.

PS: One of those sentences is an on-purpose lie
Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:42 am
erik
High Emperor
High Emperor

I donn't know, at the moment i can't think of a better candidate than Pierce Brosnan, although Roger Moore was the best ever.

Member of the Sports Fans Club
Member of the Nonflamers' Guild
Post Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:33 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I hope they know what they are doing. But they probably don't. Judging by what I see and everyone I talk to, there is not a suitable replacement in site.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:18 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The only actor I can see playing Bond right now other than Brosnan is George Clooney. How come no one never mentions him?
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:01 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

George Clooney is far too obviously American to pull off James Bond.
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:51 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I agree. They need a talented Brit actor or at least someone that can pull off a good British accent.
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:56 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm sure Clooney could pull of a British accent.

Many of the actors mentioned aren't that suave. James Bond is an icon.

And one of the recent rumors is that Jennifer Connely will be the new Bond.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:12 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Now that's just plain wrong.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:55 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next