Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (PC/Xbox 360) - Dev Diary @ Offici
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (PC/Xbox 360) - Dev Diary @ Offici

There's a new 'Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion' <a href="http://www.elderscrolls.com/codex/team_teamprof_mryan.htm" target="_blank">dev diary</a> at the offcial site, with Level Designer Michael Ryan writing about dungeon creation:<blockquote><em>Surface dwellers. They just never quit with the "Cyrodiil is sooo beautiful" talk. You'd think Cyrodiil was a perfectly lush world full of dense forests, majestic mountain ranges, and teeming cities the way these sun-loving freaks go on and on about the place. Me? I prefer the warm glow of torch light and the quaint, quiet beauty of a cozy dungeon. Why venture above ground at all when a good dungeon offers dark corridors to explore, dastardly traps to avoid, and creatures of unspeakable evil to fight? Even if you are a misguided fan of natural lighting, I think you'll come around to my way of thinking after a healthy, Oblivion dungeon romp. <br> <br>When I joined Bethesda I became the sixth member of a growing dungeon team - the portion of the Oblivion dev team that basically does nothing but design, build, test, and tweak dungeons. We've since added two more dungeoneers to our ranks and as a group, we have now hand-crafted more than 200 subterranean locales to explore and pillage while playing Oblivion.</em></blockquote>
Post Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:14 pm
Vindicator
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Enough talk... I want to play it!
Post Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:17 pm
r3dshift
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Me too.

Also, I've been wondering that the 360 release is a mere 2 months away (and hopefully we'll see the PC release at the same time, or a wee bit later only), yet the resources available from the game are scarce, to say the least. I mean, there are about 1 or 2 video clips floating around and that's all. No extensive info on races, skills,etc. No sound clips, loads of screenshots, whatever. Not much to quench our thirst.

Eerie.

OFF: In the meantime, I've re-started playing Morrowind, and am thoroughly enjoying it. Can't wait to see an even better game from the same team.
Post Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:41 pm
Twinfalls

Play Daggerfall, then.
Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:03 am

Twinfalls

Play Daggerfall. It's a better game from the same team.
Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:04 am

Twinfalls

I really should sign up here sometime so I can edit and avoid dumb double posts.
Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:05 am