Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Which hunting skills are worth learning?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Which hunting skills are worth learning?

I saw someone show a big list of 13 different hunting skills...obviously, animal skinning is necessary...but which other ones are worth the 5 LP each to learn? I've heard that some are almost completely useless, and I don't want to waste LP on them. Could someone give a full or partial list of what each skills allows you to take from which creature(s), and about how much they're worth on the market, and if, in your opinion, each skill is worth learning? Thanks much!
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:50 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Unlike Gothic, it seems, IMHO, that every skilled offered is worth the price. I was'nt going to bother with pickpocket or lockpicking, but found out I was dead wrong. I gained about 5 lvls just going around picking pockets. i had already max'd out on everything else, so figured i'd spend the LP's on something lol. 250 exp for each picking ain't chicken feed , plus the loot.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:08 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, pickpocketing is worth it, but I've heard that some of the hunting skills aren't really worth the price of 5 LP each....can anyone elaborate?
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:38 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, the hunting skills aren't necessary. But money is scarce throughout the game, so it'd be convienent to learn all the Hunting skills you can.

Things like learning to take claws might not seem significant. Since you only get like 3 gold for each claw. But, almost every animal has claws, and you get 2 or 4 claws per animal. Which means you can easily get 1000 gold worth of claws in no time.

Same with teeth. There are 30 hunting skills to learn... But claws, teeth and skins are definitly worth their price.

Added: lol I forgot Fire Tongue. That's _totally_ useless. You don't kill enough fire lizard things to get many tongues.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:02 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

Learning to skin animals from Bosper is good for making money earlier in chapter 1. Mine crawler plate skill can be used in chapter 2 for getting a good armour. Dragon scale skill is good for an even better armour in chapter 4 , if you are a merc. Dragon blood is need for forging the best sword in the game if you are a merc. All other animal skills are only good for making money.

Kay
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:06 am