D&D
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

D&D

what kind of game is this because i have heared of d&d boared game but is it pc too
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sun May 15, 2005 12:21 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

D&D is an abbreviation for Dungeons & Dragons, a fantasy role-playing game originally published by TSR, now published by Wizards of the Coast. It made its first public appearance in 1973, hit the general market in 1974, and has been popular ever since. It is generally thought of as the grandfather of all role-playing games. It was later revised to become part of AD&D, or Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. (The word "Advanced" has been removed from the name as of the 3rd ed.) Dungeons & Dragons is the most widely recognized and played role-playing game.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/welcome

http://www.wizards.com/playdnd/playdnd.asp
Post Mon May 16, 2005 8:28 pm
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

ello mates!

i remember back in the day peepz used ta jus play it with nothing more than paper, pencils, and dice....thas where i thought it all started.....

i remember you had ta have a good dungeon master though (the guy that makes the scenerios n monsters n makes the descisions n stuff)

cool game if ya had lotsa peepz that new what they were doin.....someone should start an online old school d&d game......that would be the shizznight!

-porter

"You are not crazy if you talk to yourself. You are only crazy if you talk back..." -?

"Your mouth is full...full of disease. And yet, I still want to pull your teeth." -Knarnak
Post Tue May 17, 2005 2:48 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Head over to Yahoo Groups. There are hundreds of PBEM games there that you could join. I'm a member of a few and they're pretty fun. Some should be avoided at all costs, however.
Post Tue May 17, 2005 4:55 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

As for other online D&D games... well Nevewinter Nights certainly counts if you find a good server.

And D&D Online will be making an appearance at E3 I believe. The MMORPG is still years from completion but they're trying to find a way to make it faithful to D&D 3E's rules.

Though how they possibly could I do not know. What I do know is that I'm definitely playing on launch day, no matter the cost and how bad the launch.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 18, 2005 12:45 pm
Knarnak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hey thanks

thanks fer the coo sites people....im always lookin fer new stuff to do n new things to try out.....

your curtiousy and humble abodes are very well appreciated.....

i think imma round up the younger neighborhood kids n see if i cant get them involved in some old school d&d games on paper.......of course imma be the dungeon master.....lol

thanks again!

-porter

"You are not crazy if you talk to yourself. You are only crazy if you talk back..." -?

"Your mouth is full...full of disease. And yet, I still want to pull your teeth." -Knarnak
Post Wed May 18, 2005 7:28 pm