Weed in G2. What you think about it?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Weed in G2. What you think about it?

There outlook of weed is odd. Your vision doesnt get blurry like that. Things dont go in slomo unless you took holucinagins lol, but somethings do seems longer than usual. No im not starting a whole talk about weed nor do I want ne1 else to. Just tell me what your think about it.
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:31 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I think youll find it supposed to be slightly humorous.

How would you suggest you represent the subtle effects of weed in a computer game?

It effects how you "feel", and since you dont "feel" anything that the character experiences, I dont see how else they could represent it...
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:48 pm
Vival
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, they're smoking swampweed in Khorinis and not marijuana.
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:53 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Sorry, I don't have extensive experience with weed as you seem to have, so can't comment. Not that I care how it looks in the game, it's just a feature in the game, for fun, nothing else
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:43 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

i think it's a smart ideea to use sth like swampweed in the game
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:43 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

actually ive never smoked weed, but my dads a cop, so I just know about it. That is a good point that you cant feel it, but maybe they could have shrooms so you holucinate lol.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:26 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Well nice story:
You probably know Dar, the mercenary that is smoking all the time. Well you can give him Dark Mushroom tabacco (you'll need to know some alchemy to make it). He goes completely wacko if you give. First he says all kind of things like: "Whoo, have you tried this stuff yourself man" "It's way too heavy" and afterwards he'll start floating like Abuyin when he gives you a prophecy and becomes totally high. So, Damelron it is the shrooms!

So I'd say they have some good stuff in Gothic.
Smoking it yourself in G2 is very funny, everything starts to change and distort. And fighting is really annoying after you've smoked too much.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:42 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well imo they made pretty nicely the effects what swampweed or something will do, u cant put the real effects in the game indeed when u smoke weed in reality . But the effect in the game is pretty cool , i hope they gonna make it for booze also like if u drink too much beer or wine u gonna get the same effects
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:27 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yea i hate trying to fight when im high on G2 I cant get around to hit him
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:15 pm
KCFighter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Anyone know how to make weed in G2? I was told you can't do it in the first one but in the 2nd you can. I tried. I have a weed masher. some weed plants and one of those things you mash into and I sat there mashing and I didn't get any extra weed in my inventory. everything stayed the same.
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:24 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

you need to know alchemy and some tabbaco
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:52 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Yes, if you know one potion and have a lab water bottle and raw swampweed, when you approach an alchemy bench, it gives you an option to process swampweed.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:48 pm
Byblos
Village Leader
Village Leader

lol that mashing you were doing was cleaning dirty laundry lol. you dont get weed by cleaning laundry!
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:17 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Byblos
lol that mashing you were doing was cleaning dirty laundry lol. you dont get weed by cleaning laundry!

LOL its a weird way to clean ur laundry i tell you . They do that sometimes almost for 12h and then they leave the laundry there for more 12 hours and at the morning they gonna mash ur laundry again
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:54 pm
KCFighter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! LOL! man, boy do I feel stupid. At least I have some clean clothes now. ha. You're right. That IS a wierd way to do laundry. They should make circular motions really fast like a washing machine. ha. man, I'd be a genius in Khorinis. I'd do like demonstrations in the middle of the street with a before and after for both the mashing style and circular style like they do for detergent commercials. I'd be a god to them. lol jk.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:09 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next