Members
Usergroups
Tel Uvirith - Telvanni Player Stronghold
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Hatefist

Tel Uvirith - Telvanni Player Stronghold

I just completed my plug-in for Tel Uvirith, the Telvanni Player Created Stronghold. You can download it from Morrowind-Mods.com. For those of you that use it, please let me know what you think. There are still some empty areas that I haven't yet decorated (not sure what to do with them) and I'm open to suggestions.

Here's README.txt from the file
----------------
This plug-in adds a considerable amount of new objects and containers
to the Telvanni Player Stronghold, Tel Uvirith. Additionally, there are
a few new NPCs that offer services not found previously at the tower.

The first is Arshes Nei, a dark elven Guild Guide that will teleport
you to Caldera, Balmora, Sadrith Mora and Vivec. To get back to Tel
Uvirith, you must go to the Guild Guide in Balmora. Additionally, this
lady also enchants items for you and will buy some of the really
expensive items as well as she has a considerable amount of gold on
her.

Nuzzgrond is a Master-of-Arms and is a good trainer for those wizardly
types that need to work on their sword arm.

Finally, down in the dungeon is Mzulecht, the Steam Centurion Armorer.
Mzulecht was re-engineered by Telvanni Enchanters and is not only a
powerful Guardian for Tel Uvirith, but is also a Blacksmith. Go to him
to have all your weapons and armor repaired.

There are a few other little secrets lying about that I won't spoil for
you here. I would love to get some feedback on this Stronghold. Please
email me with your thoughts. (anubis@fubarm.com)

Thanks and enjoy!
Post Thu May 23, 2002 6:20 pm

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Thanks, but I should suppose I not activate it until I have made my stronghold, legit?
Post Thu May 23, 2002 8:59 pm
Hatefist

You can activate it anytime as it won't show up until you've legitimately done the quests involved with getting it.
Post Thu May 23, 2002 10:41 pm

sphinxlet

Just wanted to give hatefist a public thanks for this nifty mod. It really fleshes out the Telvanni stronghold. I posted a couple of days ago on what to do about more storage and here was a mod all ready to go. I highly recommend it to any who's got Tel Ulirith. I'm running it with several other mods with no ill effects. Good job, Hatefist!
Post Fri May 24, 2002 5:31 am

Nice work - this is exactly what I was looking for - a house that felt like I had earned it and yet is still actually useable.
I really like the extra convenience of the transporter there, and am not sure as I didn't poke around too hard but is the area by the armorer new?

But I didn't move in yet as there is still too little storage there.
If you are taking requests here is what I would like to see (I don't want to critisize as its great work, but some folk are never happy

* An organized wall of at lest 5 or so of HUGE creates - I have heap loads of armor/weapons to store and they just dont fit! Maybe 1 for each of
- armor
- weapons
- clothes
- books (I am saving them for after I get 100 in skills)
- misc junk(scrolls etc)
* A bunch of small (but big storage space) chests on top to store
- cheap reagents
- expensive reagents
- magic trinkets
- unenchanted trinkets- keys, lockpicks
- soul gems

Other suggestions
* I know its part of the original stronghold, but that curling root all around the lower tower makes it REALLY hard to move around. Can you chop it off?
* Again their work not yours but root the centurion sphere from the lower tower to the spot as he keeps blocking off the passage upwards.
* An idea I had, but have noticed other people saw as well:
- You can dress corpses right?
- If you make them stand up then you can display your armor on them, maybe you hang them all around the lava lake.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 6:42 pm

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I have seen a couple corpses disappear with time... they took their armour with them... not good.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 9:48 pm
daFrog

Hmm - thats true isn't it.
Well you know how some corpses say - "You cannot remove this corpse" and some don't even have a dispose button - maybe that would prevent it.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 12:04 am

Hatefist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Heh. Those are some great ideas, especially the corpse thing... I wonder if I remove all the animations for an NPC, if that will turn it into a mannequin, if you will. Then you could 'dress it up in armor'... hmm... I'll have to investigate it more.

Anyway, if you'd like, I'll adjust the mod for specifically for your tastes and send it to you. The problem with it is I agree with you on a lot of aspects, but I didn't want to drastically change things as some people like things as they were built, but with more 'decorations'. Send me an email and I'll get back to you with those changes. Also, if anyone else out there is interested, I could send it off to you too.

Hmm, maybe I'll make 2 versions of this plug-in, a fairly clean, pure one, and a little more revamped one.... decisions, decisions.

As for the armorer, do you mean the new alchemists area? I designed that room specifically to look like an alchemists laboratory (minus all the alchemical supplies -- I'll let you all do the decorating =)).

As for that damn Centurion Sphere, he's actually all the way over by the damn front door in the editor, but for some reason he loves walking over to that tunnel entrance and getting stuck in front of it. I killed the thing in my game just to get him out of the way. I don't know what to do about him -- I'll shrink his wander radius, maybe that'll fix it.

Well, thanks for your feedback -- all great ideas and almost all doable I think. Send me that email and I'll see what I can do.

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Nice work - this is exactly what I was looking for - a house that felt like I had earned it and yet is still actually useable.
I really like the extra convenience of the transporter there, and am not sure as I didn't poke around too hard but is the area by the armorer new?

But I didn't move in yet as there is still too little storage there.
If you are taking requests here is what I would like to see (I don't want to critisize as its great work, but some folk are never happy

* An organized wall of at lest 5 or so of HUGE creates - I have heap loads of armor/weapons to store and they just dont fit! Maybe 1 for each of
- armor
- weapons
- clothes
- books (I am saving them for after I get 100 in skills)
- misc junk(scrolls etc)
* A bunch of small (but big storage space) chests on top to store
- cheap reagents
- expensive reagents
- magic trinkets
- unenchanted trinkets- keys, lockpicks
- soul gems

Other suggestions
* I know its part of the original stronghold, but that curling root all around the lower tower makes it REALLY hard to move around. Can you chop it off?
* Again their work not yours but root the centurion sphere from the lower tower to the spot as he keeps blocking off the passage upwards.
* An idea I had, but have noticed other people saw as well:
- You can dress corpses right?
- If you make them stand up then you can display your armor on them, maybe you hang them all around the lava lake.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 6:29 am