Diablo 3 MMORPG Rumours
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Diablo 3 MMORPG Rumours

Make sure you place this in the wildly-unfounded-random-internet-rumour category...WoWGuru is <a href="http://www.wowguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9257" target="_blank">claiming</a> Diablo 3 will be revealed at BlizzCon as a MMORPG - as apparently exposed by an ex-Blizzard staff member:<blockquote><em>Chris Hartgraves from WasteLandsGaming.com, former employee of Blizzard Entertainment, has sent us word that Diablo 3 will be aired at Blizzcon.
<br>
<br>From what we've heard Diablo 3 is going to be an MMO, as massive as World of Warcraft, with the concept of Hell invading Heaven. One rumor going around with Diablo 3 is that there will be Guild Housing included. The game is said to be looking brilliant and will be showcased at Blizzcon as their big suprise.</em></blockquote>Don't hold your breath but we'll find out soon enough.
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:46 pm
NO!

Dearest god in heaven, do not make Diablo 3 a mmorpg. I WILL jump!
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:48 pm

Znith
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well it's just common sense to make a Diablo mmo, whether I agree with it is irrelevant. It would be a big cash cow for Bliz just like WOW is.
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:02 pm
slak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I don't think they will make another MMO this soon, it would compete with WoW.
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:53 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Agreed with Slak they would think twice before bringing out games that aim for the same market simultaniously... They'd better start on Starcraft 2
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:06 pm
niteshade
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yeah that would be a horrible idea for blizzard, it would be market canibilization at it's worst. I'm sure they have more sense then that.
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:27 pm
Garrett

yes...more mmorpgs are just what everybody needs! *eyeroll*
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:26 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to release Diablo 3 as another MMORPG, but I kind of doubt that's the form the game will take. I think Diablo 3 will offer a single player game with online play, just like before, but there will probably be expanded online content. Maybe there will be guilds, cities or quests (hosted by Blizzard) and other unique things and expanded content that can only be done online with groups, stuff like that.

I don't think it will be a dedicated MMORPG, however, but who knows?
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:58 am
Hedek
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

My guess is that it'll be a lot like Guild Wars : no subscription fee, not a real mmorpg, but instead of having "Windows like waiting/meetings rooms" you'll have "Guild Wars style cities and outposts" where you can team up for a level/quest, trade, meet friends, etc.

After all my opinion is that Guild Wars is just an extremely well executed "graphical in game" version of Battle.net
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:02 am
C Sagan

Can of worms

quote:

If you were just being sarcastic ignore me.
Come to think of it, you can ignore me either way.

Do we not need anymore single player games? How about games with single player and multiplayer? Do gamers not need anymore strategy games? Should consoles stop being produced? There have been a lot of computer games made over the past 30 years, let us stop making anything for the PC.

More MMORPGs increase the compettition and force better quality, service and pricing in the long run. Keep cranking them out. Most will fail and future generations of MMOG developers will learn eventaully.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:35 am

XVampireX
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: Can of worms

quote:
Originally posted by C Sagan
quote:

If you were just being sarcastic ignore me.
Come to think of it, you can ignore me either way.

Do we not need anymore single player games? How about games with single player and multiplayer? Do gamers not need anymore strategy games? Should consoles stop being produced? There have been a lot of computer games made over the past 30 years, let us stop making anything for the PC.

More MMORPGs increase the compettition and force better quality, service and pricing in the long run. Keep cranking them out. Most will fail and future generations of MMOG developers will learn eventaully.

No, just you wait ^_^ Something new is coming in around 2-3 years
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:29 pm
niteshade
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Apparently Blizzard confirmed that this rumor is fake at Blizzcon.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:56 pm